E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Are these two E350 interiors the same?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 SLK32 AMG, 07 E350 Sport
Are these two E350 interiors the same?

Hi guys, I'm currently a R170 owner on this forum, but recently am in negotiations to purchase a 07 E350.

I am hoping your expertise here can help me out here:

I am unable to see this car in person so I will have to buy this car sight unseen The car is in CA and I am in FL.

I have been learning about the W211 for the past few weeks browsing around here, and even downloaded the 07 brochure for the E class. My question is, are these two interiors the same and only look different because of the lighting / quality of the picture or is the wood trim actually a different trim?

I believe the first one (redder one) is Burlwood, and I am hoping someone here can verify that it is indeed the same in the second pic, even though it is washed out and looks a lot more green/yellow.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am trying to buy the car in the 2nd photo, as the 1st one was already sold.

Both are 2007 models, Both are E350, Premium 2 Package with Keyless Go, both are "Ash" interior color, although the 2nd one has white guages for some reason.

The only other wood trim option I saw in the MB Brochure for the 07 model year (without going AMG) is the black colored trim, so I am confused because these two photos look very different!

Any differences between a 06 and 07 model year E350? I heard the 07's had fewer reliability issues for some reason.

Thanks for any help you can shed on this.

Last edited by DaytonaJae; 04-13-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 PM

'11 Cooper S
2007 has the harmonic balancer issue with the M272 engine...they do have a 100k warranty so not really a huge deal. '07 was the facelift, '06 looks dated to me.

the wood is not the same. I prefer the second, personaly.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 PM

2007 E550, 2007 GL450
DaytonaJae -

The difference in wood is due to the sport package. The first car has burled walnut trim and steering wheel, luxury/elegance package. The second car has the sports package and it gets the black maple trim and wheel, also white gauges. Good call on a facelifted model (MY '07+), many improvements. You can run the VIN, get the engine serial number and check the bulletin for the range of affected engines re: balancer issue.

I also have the sport package and love the black wood/white gauges. Sport package also has lower suspension, larger brakes.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks guys! I will check with the dealer about the harmonic balancer issue when I take delivery and have them perform the work under warranty if needed.

Ah so there are more packages that I did not know of yet... haha... it's mind boggling for a 211 newb like myself to make heads or tails of all this. Luxury/Elegance Package? is that the same as the Avant Garde package? Also I read there are two different types of Sport Packages? One that is free and one that is AMG? Add that to the Premium 1 and 2 packages and I'm ready to throw in the towel in understanding all the combinations.

So the 2nd photo (car I am buying) is definitely a Sport Package with the white guages then? Cool And am I right in assuming that since it has the keyless go shifter knob that it has the Premium 2 Package?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 PM

2007 E550, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by DaytonaJae
Thanks guys! I will check with the dealer about the harmonic balancer issue when I take delivery and have them perform the work under warranty if needed.

Ah so there are more packages that I did not know of yet... haha... it's mind boggling for a 211 newb like myself to make heads or tails of all this. Luxury/Elegance Package? is that the same as the Avant Garde package? Also I read there are two different types of Sport Packages? One that is free and one that is AMG? Add that to the Premium 1 and 2 packages and I'm ready to throw in the towel in understanding all the combinations.

So the 2nd photo (car I am buying) is definitely a Sport Package with the white guages then? Cool And am I right in assuming that since it has the keyless go shifter knob that it has the Premium 2 Package?
Lol, a spreadsheet helps.

Yes, the second car definitely has the sports package. The trim will likely be darker than in that photo (the color/tint is off in that photo). Second car also appears to have keyless go, so that would indicate P2, though I'm not sure if all available options are automatically included? For instance, I don't see the Parktronic control on the console - both on the dash and below the shifter (where the controls for it are on mine). Who knows...now I'm confused as well.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 PM

Here's a link to the photos of the car

http://modules04.dealercarsearch.com...spx?id=1004713

Looks like 1 sunroof, not the panorama rear glass option. I am noticing now thanks to you that it does look lowered slightly due to the sport package. Looks like the 7 spd tranny since it's not a 4matic? Wow I'm learning lots here haha.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
BenzBoiW210 is correct. You have a Sports Package there. Wheels and treatments around the fogs, along with twin chrome tailpipes and grn effects are other indicators.
Also looks like you got the P2 pkg:
Premium 2 Package:
Includes contents of Premium 1 Package (SEE BELOW) plus:
– Bi-Xenon headlamps with Active Curve Illumination.
– Corner-illuminating front foglamps.
– Heated headlamp washers.
– Keyless Go.
Sport Package (no-charge option):
– 18" 10-twin-spoke alloy wheels.
– Sport rear bumper with dual chrome tailpipes.
– Lowered sport suspension.
– Blue-tinted glass.
– Black Birdseye Maple wood trim.
– Matte chrome gearshift gate.
– Ivory-color gauges.
Premium 1 Package:
– DVD-based Navigation System.9
– SIRIUS Satellite Radio (standard E63 AMG).
– Hands-Free Communication System.
– Power rear-window sunshade
E350 Sedan and Wagon and E320 BLUETEC also add: Heated front seats.

Beautiful sled there!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 184 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
If you live in the USA you can subscribe for free to the parts system, EPC.

When you do, you can enter a VIN number and run a datacard and see all factory-installed options on the report generated.

http://epc.startekinfo.com
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM

E350
How Much is he selling the White eclass for?