lowering questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
lowering questions...

Hello:

I am looking to lower my 05 e320 cdi and am both confused and unsure of what/how to go about the notion. Many of the posts on here mention using a 'control module' and having the system be lowered by air-which i like the idea of, but am unsure if this is available on this car (forgive me as I am a recent preowned buyer, stepping up from the more basic w210) as it's a diesel and many of the posts are in reference to the e55s being outfitted with such a modification (levels 1, 2, 3 etc)

however, if this is not an option, i would be looking at putting in some different springs. yet, again, i am confused as to what product will work/be compatible. I have read on here about the two different variations in the H&R springs sport vs standard in terms of the two sets of lowering springs or even a set of Eibach(sp?), but I ran across some Renntech springs on their website and they look quite different vs the stock and even the HR springs and was wondering if I could use them (picture attached) and if someone has installed them or has any idea of any possible complications with using them?

If you have any advice on the overall installation that would also be quite helpful as well.

thanks much, in advance
Attached Thumbnails lowering questions...-suspensionkit_1.jpg  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:05 AM

mercedes e320
I have an 01 e320. I used Eibach springs to lower minds. It lowered it about 2". Looks great and I haven't had no problems with them. The ride is also pretty smooth.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:59 PM

2005 e320 cdi
Originally Posted by caniu5
I have an 01 e320. I used Eibach springs to lower minds. It lowered it about 2". Looks great and I haven't had no problems with them. The ride is also pretty smooth.
Preciate the response. More people seem to be using the Eibachs from what I've gathered. My only fear is wheel rub in the front wheel housings, as Im running a set of 19''amg wheels. do you have any pre and post-spring modification pics? and did you change your factory shocks or just the springs? Thanks