E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Trouble Finding Smoked Corners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz E350 AMG Sport Edition
Trouble Finding Smoked Corners

I can't seem to find a pair of either clear or smoked corners for my W211. I checked ebay and found only one pair of clear, for $50, but I have yet to find anything that is smoked/tinted. Where can I find something that will do the trick and how much should I expect to pay? Does anyone have a couple pictures of a black 07'+ sport model that has either smoked or clear tinted turn signals?

I did a search on the forum and found some stuff, but it wasn't applicable to the W211 and I searched the first few pages of this sub-forum without any luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500
they're not really considered corners...try smoke bumper lights 07 w211.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

I bought mine with chrome bulbs for a 2004 E500 from this seller's store:
http://stores.ebay.com/fishcake321/M...=p4634.c0.m322

Last edited by spinn; 07-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by spinn
they're not really considered corners...try smoke bumper lights 07 w211.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

I bought mine with chrome bulbs for a 2004 E500 from this seller's store:
http://stores.ebay.com/fishcake321/M...=p4634.c0.m322
Wow, I feel dumb, I can't believe I didn't find those. So where there good instructions included? Do you know if anyone has posted a write-up on here or anywhere else, was it difficult? I want to know what I'm getting myself into here. I know DEPO makes good products, I've used them on other cars before.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500
no instructions included.

I searched for a DIY before and found that there were probably at least several different ways to remove the stock light, which seemed to depend on whether the light was encased within the bumper support or not; mines was. Don't know if it's different with the 2007-2009 models. Others seemed to indicate that they could pry the light out a little and then stick a screwdriver in there, while others said they simply stuck their hands behind the light and popped it out.

What worked for me was taking off a few of the screws that hold down the plastic wheel well guard to the rear of the bumper light and pulling it back some to get a long thin flathead screwdriver in there. The screwdriver will slide into a notch of the bumper support, where you will then press on the latch of the light to release it from the frame. Once you get your set, you'll understand how that latch needs to be pressed on to release it. It was fairly simple to do in 10 minutes. Once it pops off, twist of the bulb socket and you're good to go.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by spinn
no instructions included.

I searched for a DIY before and found that there were probably at least several different ways to remove the stock light, which seemed to depend on whether the light was encased within the bumper support or not; mines was. Don't know if it's different with the 2007-2009 models. Others seemed to indicate that they could pry the light out a little and then stick a screwdriver in there, while others said they simply stuck their hands behind the light and popped it out.

What worked for me was taking off a few of the screws that hold down the plastic wheel well guard to the rear of the bumper light and pulling it back some to get a long thin flathead screwdriver in there. The screwdriver will slide into a notch of the bumper support, where you will then press on the latch of the light to release it from the frame. Once you get your set, you'll understand how that latch needs to be pressed on to release it. It was fairly simple to do in 10 minutes. Once it pops off, twist of the bulb socket and you're good to go.

So it seems like the only thing I'm doing is prying the lens off, removing the bulb and replacing with the new bulb and lens. Does anyone else have any input?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM

I can't seem to find a write-up or some basic instructions, can someone help me out here?