Bluetooth Streaming via PUCK on 2007 E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350
Bluetooth Streaming via PUCK on 2007 E350

Hi,

I have a 2007 E350 Sport Package w/Bluetooth Puck Installed. I think I have the v2 PUCK installed. Is there a way I can stream music via bluetooth from my cell phone?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550
Yes, the cartronics anystream connects to the iphone adapter, and you can use the puck+BT ipod adapter at the same time for phone/music.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM

2007 E350
I don't have the iPod Attachment in the Glove Compartment. Any other options?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
You need to add the iTronic Audio OR the factory iPod adapter. PROs and CONs:
The factory iPod adapter is less money, BUT, only works through the instrument cluster (not the radio) and the sound is analog and quality is not the same as the Itronic Audio. The iTronic is full digital and can be operated through the radio as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:06 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary
Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM

E coupe
I tried to edit the original post but cant so I have to quote instead.

NOTE: fwiw cartronics.com are "good people" - even after my negative review and after some back/forth with them - they are still responding to my questions. I believe their 100% money back guarantee. I understand that many people have had success with this product. I'm in the process of trying to source an apple usb cable 'with authentication chip' (the apple store won't deliver to my country and not sure that the ones on ebay/amazon have the 'apple authentication chip' built in which is what I need). If I get my hands on one and try it out I'll post back here.

Originally Posted by e_coup
my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary