E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

audio inquiry and help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
audio inquiry and help

I am attempting to remove the rear deck shelf to add rear deck speakers as well as a center subwoofer as my 05 cdi does not have anything in the rear shelf whatsoever. That being said, I am unable to find any instructions on the removal of the rear shelf and am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this process.

Additionally, b/c there were not any factory speakers/sub, the wiring is also not there and I am trying to see if anyone could also yield some advice in the easiest way to obtain the speaker wires to the trunk-is there a way to tap any of the wires behind the trunk nav unit to attach to a line output converter for the sub as well as left and right speaker wires for the deck speakers? Or is the best route to remove the rear door panels and tap and extend the speaker wires to the trunk?

thanks in advance as always,
chaz
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Hope this helps.

I think your best option is just to upgrade the head unit. That way you have a sub out and can connect all speakers to it. Running new wire to the new deck speakers to the head unit. Also would upgrade the stock amplifier for the door speakers. As you will be adding two more speakers, the stock am won't be able to run all of them very well or may over heat. Also another just for the sub woofer so you can keep on the low frequency running to it and make sure it is getting enough power. Hope this helps, just less pain of trying to get all it to work on a stock unit.