E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Passive tire pressure monitoring coding in DAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Passive tire pressure monitoring coding in DAS

Does anyone have the variables to code the passive, low tire pressure warning system in DAS (with developer mode)?

My '07 Bluetec is one of the few that scraped by without having active TPMS.

I understand coding may be required in EIS, IC and CGW modules, but not which to code in what order, or the coding variants needed in each one.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 AM

To bring closure to this thread,
Passive Tire Pressure Monitoring, which is referred to as Tire Pressure Warning can be enabled by control unit adaptation coding in the Central Gateway Module using DAS/Xentry. The value I believe is called "Tire Pressure Warning System" is simply set to "enabled".
An additional menu is added to the basic display that allows you to "reset" the system to adapt to the current circumferences of the tires. You can then see the tire pressure warning information in the ABR Actual Values screen in DAS/Xentry.
Keep in mind that Tire Pressure Warning only warns of significant loss of tire pressure, does not detect loss in multiple tires at the same time, and cannot indicate which tire is low in pressure.

Thanks to all who helped with this.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
One can count on these forums. There is always someone helping you. Unfortunately sometimes that "you" would have to be yourself.

You had a very good reason to say thanks to the the person who helped you (I'm not aware of others, perhaps you did get some help from someone else, I interpret that you figured this out on your own).

Very good that you came back and provided the guidance for others who may be seeking help.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 393 Likes on 329 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by apl175
To bring closure to this thread,
Passive Tire Pressure Monitoring, which is referred to as Tire Pressure Warning can be enabled by control unit adaptation coding in the Central Gateway Module using DAS/Xentry. The value I believe is called "Tire Pressure Warning System" is simply set to "enabled".
An additional menu is added to the basic display that allows you to "reset" the system to adapt to the current circumferences of the tires. You can then see the tire pressure warning information in the ABR Actual Values screen in DAS/Xentry.
Keep in mind that Tire Pressure Warning only warns of significant loss of tire pressure, does not detect loss in multiple tires at the same time, and cannot indicate which tire is low in pressure.

Thanks to all who helped with this.
My '07 also does not have TPMS.
Now all I need is someone with a DAS to help me turn this on.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Keep in mind that "TPMS", or Tire Pressure Monitoring System is DIFFERENT from the Tire Pressure Warning System. TPMS uses active sensors mounted in each wheel, and will give you the exact pressure reading of a tire at any given time. The system will alert you immediately if there is a pressure drop. If you wish to ADD this, wiring must be added, sensors, receivers, etc.

Tire Pressure Warning System only relies on the decreased circumference (and therefore reduced rotational speed and distance) of a low tire, and displays a warning that a tire MAY be low. I've driven on a VERY low tire for a great distance (50 miles or so) and not noticed it, to the point that the sidewall was damaged and had to be replaced. I hope to avoid this by enabling the tire pressure warning system
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanks DB - I've found out that the BEST help on ALL of these forums comes from people that have done actual work, or solved the same problem as the one you are asking. The LEAST helpful tends to be ones that comment with "Well, I read on the Internet...." I am guilty of the latter in my earlier years, so I will stop now ;-)

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
One can count on these forums. There is always someone helping you. Unfortunately sometimes that "you" would have to be yourself.

You had a very good reason to say thanks to the the person who helped you (I'm not aware of others, perhaps you did get some help from someone else, I interpret that you figured this out on your own).

Very good that you came back and provided the guidance for others who may be seeking help.