E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Crank Sensor went bad 3 times on a row

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Crank Sensor went bad 3 times on a row

I recently had a problem with my 2007 E350. Car was cranking, but no start. I went to a local shop and after a diagnostic I was told that crank sensor needed to be replaced. I replaced it, and right before I was leaving the shop the car did not start. They ran the diagnostic again and code for crank sensor showed up again. They said it could've been a bad crank sensor and they replaced it with another one, which worked for 2 days, and then again I was not able to start the car. Changed it again and then again it only worked for couple of days. This time I went to a dealer this time and they said that diagonstics showed a code for a crank sensor again and said they will replace it. I am wondering what could possibly make crank sensor go bad 3 times on a row? Could there be the problem with something else that make crank sensor go bad?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
having the same problem with my r350

Originally Posted by memberny
I recently had a problem with my 2007 E350. Car was cranking, but no start. I went to a local shop and after a diagnostic I was told that crank sensor needed to be replaced. I replaced it, and right before I was leaving the shop the car did not start. They ran the diagnostic again and code for crank sensor showed up again. They said it could've been a bad crank sensor and they replaced it with another one, which worked for 2 days, and then again I was not able to start the car. Changed it again and then again it only worked for couple of days. This time I went to a dealer this time and they said that diagonstics showed a code for a crank sensor again and said they will replace it. I am wondering what could possibly make crank sensor go bad 3 times on a row? Could there be the problem with something else that make crank sensor go bad?

im having the same problem with my r350 and i just had the crank sensor replace and it did not last 30mins and there still working on it
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
17 E300, 17 C300, 14 C250
I had a similar problem on a non-MB. Bad cable to the crank sensor.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Or a bad crank sensor sensor?