Microphone Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 w211 E320
Microphone Issues

Hello All,

I installed the cradle adapter in my '03 e320, and my Blackberry Bold synced up with no problem, and my first 2 - 3 phone calls went through with no problem. However, I tried to make a couple of phone calls a day or so later, and no one I called could hear me speak. I could hear them clearly through the car speakers, but they couldn't hear anything from my end. I read a thread a while back, that someone had this same issue and reset there interior microphone, and I could not find that thread to get the info. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
The following users liked this post:
Linetech (09-24-2016)
Old 12-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
It's the adapter, not the mic. Mic is simply a coil of wire, and they don't fail without outside damage (wires cut, moisture, etc). There is no such thing as a mic reset. However, you may want to see if your adapter has a reset, and re-pair the phone.
FYI, we have had a rash of recent purchasers of our system (competing to the adapter you purchased) complaining of this and similar issues with the mercedes adapter. They were having a hard time with the mercedes adapter messing up often. I am starting to think this may be a problem with the bluetooth protocol they are using not working well with modern phones.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
2007 E350 Sedan
I have had this same issue with the Bluetooth puck (not a cradle). My fix was to reinstall the puck and re-pair the device with my phone. Like shutting down your computer and restarting when things go wacky.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Exactly - however, for some reason clients that have moved to our product (and this seems to be more recent for some reason), say the moved to our product because with the mb unit, they were having to do it over and over and simply got tired of it. I hope this is not the case for you, but am simply providing info that we know about.

ALSO, Blackberry OS does not delete anything actually until you remove the battery. It will disappear from your screen, but it is actually still in memory. So when you delete the pairing , remove the battery and restart your phone to get a good pairing. Otherwise it simply "undeletes" the old one and re-uses it.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM

2003 w211 E320
Thanks for the replies. I never knew that I had to remove the battery in the Blackberry phone for it to remove the bluetooth settings. I will give that a shot, and hopefully, I'll be in business.......
Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
2007 E350 Sedan
Post back and let us know.

Bet you get back in biz.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM

2003 w211 E320
Microphone Issues

Well, after several pull outs of the battery in my phone, and deleting the MB bluetooth connections, my phone still syncs up with the bluetooth adapter, and it shows up in the Comand, but it won't transfer the contacts in my phone, and I can hear the other person talking very clearly, but no one can hear me speak. I am at a loss here. I have read of other people having no problems with their adapters, why am I having these issues? Do I have to version code my car to make this work? It was already pre-wired for a phone, and had the cradle factory installed. Are there any wires that go to the microphone? Where is it exactly? I'm wondering if maybe when I put my Comand head unit in, I might have disconnected the wires to the microphone somehow.....This was supposed to be a fun addition to the car, now it is becoming an expensive headache.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

This is a VERY COMMON problem with the MB adapter. I can confirm this because we sell the Viseeo MB2 to a couple of hundred dealerships, and the service tech call us with one of three complaints about the MB branded puck:
1. No outgoing Audio
2. Low incoming audio
3. Phone won't pair or sync.
They then buy the Viseeo for the first time, and they just order more and more... problem solved.
However, for you, since you already have this investment - you need to return the puck under warranty and get a new one.