Parking Brake Broken and Tranny Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Parking Brake Broken and Tranny Question

So last saturday i went to my friends house and parked the car on the hill. As i pressed on the parking brake, i heard something break or crack or something. So i quickly went for the release lever and i heard a snap or something. now the parking brake release lever is really loose and i dare not put the parking brake on in fear of it getting stuck now.

I had been having problems with the parking brake before. When i'd try to take it off, it would take 3 pulls of the lever to get it to release all the way. Dealer and indy shop said that nothing was wrong with it. So much for that

Also odd thing, the other day i took the car out of park into reverse. all of sudden i realized i didn't have my foot on the brake. i tried it again and same thing, so my car can go out of park when the brake is not depressed. Is there something broken or is it the same for you guys and i'm just being paranoid because of the parking brake thing
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Here is a diagram of the parking brake cables repair may be as simple as checking 190 @ handle & pedal. Also note there is a known issue with MY03-04 cables chafing near the fuel tank requiring cable replacement. Retrieve fault code(s) to diagnose shift problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pb.pdf (71.1 KB, 625 views)

Last edited by konigstiger; 12-23-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Here is a diagram of the parking brake cables repair may be as simple as checking 190 @ handle & pedal. Also note there is a known issue with MY03-04 cables chafing near the fuel tank requiring cable replacement. Retrieve fault code(s) to diagnose shift problem.
As always konigstiger, thank you so much