E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 E500 SRS Rerstraint malfuction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300
2005 E500 SRS Rerstraint malfuction

I know there's a few topics about this, but I haven't seen one where the SRS Restraint light only comes on every now and then, which mine does. It use to come on quite a bit, but stopped for almost 6 months. It happened again last night with a passenger in the car, but in the past it usually happened with just the driver in the car. The car always resets itself after startup, so I've never had to clear the SRS Restraint meassage with a scanner. Any suggestions what I should look for? I don't know if it's the seatbelt, seat sensor or the airbags.

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E320
Originally Posted by Ouch1234
I know there's a few topics about this, but I haven't seen one where the SRS Restraint light only comes on every now and then, which mine does. It use to come on quite a bit, but stopped for almost 6 months. It happened again last night with a passenger in the car, but in the past it usually happened with just the driver in the car. The car always resets itself after startup, so I've never had to clear the SRS Restraint meassage with a scanner. Any suggestions what I should look for? I don't know if it's the seatbelt, seat sensor or the airbags.

Thanks.

There is so much that could be wrong but if it happens while passenger is in seat and goes on off as passenger moves then most likely is seat sensor. I had to replace mine it was $800 at Dealer
Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM

2018 GLC 300
Had a indy do a scan on my car this morning for the SRS codes. He said it's the passenger seat sensor, and he recommended having the sensor calibrated, but the dealer is the only one that can perform a calibration...So I pick up the phone and called the dealership..before I could finish telling them what we had found.. They started saying in the history of the dealership that they never have been able to prevent a SRS light coming on by doing a calibration, and it'll be a waste of $100.00 and that the sensor needs to replaced. I told him that my SRS light comes and goes every now and then, but he still insisted that calibration doesn't work. Anyone ever been told this or is the dealer being straight up with me? I called the indy back and he says he's seen quite a few sensors calibrated and has worked just fine. I've seen some topics about cleaning connections and some pics how to do it, but I can't find them anymore. Can someone post a link if they know of a good post about this and maybe about calibration too?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
This thread is a few months old now, but I am having the same problem. Were you able to get this one resolved? If so, how?

I seem to see three poss solutions

1 - find the electrical continuity error in the passenger seat srs sensor. cheapest fix
2 - calibration
3 - replace sensor

Would like to DIY this and see that a pictorial thread for the W210 is available.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM

2018 GLC 300
Originally Posted by aa240sx
This thread is a few months old now, but I am having the same problem. Were you able to get this one resolved? If so, how?

I seem to see three poss solutions

1 - find the electrical continuity error in the passenger seat srs sensor. cheapest fix
2 - calibration
3 - replace sensor

Would like to DIY this and see that a pictorial thread for the W210 is available.
Mine actually ended up being the drivers side sensor. The dealership gave me a quote of $1000 to $2300 depending on what the problem was. It could be the sensor, control modular , or the frame, but couldn't give me a straight answer until they got into it. I finally gave up on my car and traded it in on a new one. A thousand here and there was becoming too frequent on my car.