E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lowering Links Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
09 E63 AMG
Lowering Links Problem

Hey Guys so I bought some lowering links off ebay for my 03 E500. My mechanic buddy was replacing the ballast on the passanger side so I though hey lets throw the links in! The instructions were horrible so we installed them as much as they would go. The front would only extend a small amount over stock before they wouldnt even be able to allign with the sensor holes rear would only reduce a small amount.

Anyway we lower the front leaving it in top height then lower the car let it run and select regular height and the car drops. Just tucking rubber. I'd like it a little lower but can live with it since its winter here. Raise the car back up and put the rear in. Drop it back down and it lowers to a nice height. Not tucking rubber but no more huge gap. A bit higher then the front but minimally. I go for a spin and as I'm driving around the block the rear just drops and ride gets all ****ty. Get it back in the garage and seems like the rear has no air in it. We try the air up button but nothing. Just the visit workshop. Turn car off and try few more times still nothing. We jack it up and adjust the rear link and put it back down. Still slammed with no air. Play around with the buttons; raise, sport 1 and 2, lower, raise etc and all it does is raise the front. Now even the sport 1 and 2 settings cause the front to raise. So go for one final spin and the rear drivers raises to a decent height and is now drivable but the rear passangers is still slammed. And the fronts are raised. After a long and fast drive the front has still not dropped like it was and raises when you push sport 1&2. Its pretty much stock again and the passanger rear still slammed. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? I want to at least get the front as low as it was but its acting all weird.

Could it be something wrong with the learning of the ecu since we didnt do it all at once but rather front then rear? Is there a way to reset the air system?

Any help would be appreciated guys!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
10 GLK350/ 15 Accord/ 94 Supra Turbo
maybe you blew out your airmatic by slamming it too much..
Old 01-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
09 E63 AMG
Is it possible to blow it out? What exactly do you mean by blow out? The airbags?