w211 ingition issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
w211 ingition issues?

Hi all,

I have searched the forum and found that others have the issue with the ignition not turning every now and then, but I did not see if anyone had a fix.

Is there a fix?
Not often but sometimes, when I turn the key, radio and power comes on but the engine does not turn. I usually take the key out and try to start the car up again and it works. Sometimes, I have to wait a minute or two.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by jl9j
Hi all,

I have searched the forum and found that others have the issue with the ignition not turning every now and then, but I did not see if anyone had a fix.

Is there a fix?
Not often but sometimes, when I turn the key, radio and power comes on but the engine does not turn. I usually take the key out and try to start the car up again and it works. Sometimes, I have to wait a minute or two.

Anyone?

Thanks.
the ignitions on these cars are single turn, instantaneous. Not like the old cars where you have to keep the key turned in order to keep cranking the engine. A lot of times as a failsafe, if you turn it to crank the engine but turn it back too quickly, it'll keep you from cranking the engine right away again, to avoid damage. You need to turn the key all the way back off, then on again to start it.

Hope this helps. If this doesn't describe your issue, you may want to get the car looked at.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jcat
the ignitions on these cars are single turn, instantaneous. Not like the old cars where you have to keep the key turned in order to keep cranking the engine. A lot of times as a failsafe, if you turn it to crank the engine but turn it back too quickly, it'll keep you from cranking the engine right away again, to avoid damage. You need to turn the key all the way back off, then on again to start it.

Hope this helps. If this doesn't describe your issue, you may want to get the car looked at.

Thanks for the reply. I will try to see if that fixes the issue.