E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lowered front end today in 15 minutes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
fiftyfive4me what kind of mod do you do on your car..
Old 07-10-2003, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Just FYI. I DID call my dealer here in Houston.. and noone knew what I was talking about. I spoke with a "former" salesman who directed me to the "top tech guy" who knows EVERYTHING there. Sure enough.. he knew what I was talking about..

It goes like this. They are ONLY ABLE to lower the car to MB's specified limits.. but they CAN DO It with the computer. The car will then NEED an alignment. Of course he says it would be about 2 hours total. I mentioned about my waiting for a car (on the boat).. and suggested I speak with my salesman about "working it" into the deal for the car.. and it can be done pre-delivery.

I'm sure ANY DEALER can and WILL DO IT. They will probably WANT to charge you. Of course, you can ALWAYS add the washers AFTERWARDS!!! =) and go lower. ;-)

Just make sure you speak to the right person. It seemed not EVERYONE knows about everything. You'll have to find the "guru" at that dealership.

Peter
Old 07-10-2003, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by NitroShredder
Just FYI. I DID call my dealer here in Houston.. and noone knew what I was talking about. I spoke with a "former" salesman who directed me to the "top tech guy" who knows EVERYTHING there. Sure enough.. he knew what I was talking about..

It goes like this. They are ONLY ABLE to lower the car to MB's specified limits.. but they CAN DO It with the computer. The car will then NEED an alignment. Of course he says it would be about 2 hours total. I mentioned about my waiting for a car (on the boat).. and suggested I speak with my salesman about "working it" into the deal for the car.. and it can be done pre-delivery.

I'm sure ANY DEALER can and WILL DO IT. They will probably WANT to charge you. Of course, you can ALWAYS add the washers AFTERWARDS!!! =) and go lower. ;-)

Just make sure you speak to the right person. It seemed not EVERYONE knows about everything. You'll have to find the "guru" at that dealership.

Peter
Peter, did the tech say how much lower he could go?
Old 07-10-2003, 05:33 PM

211E55, CLK55(sold), LX470, LS430
nitro - thanks for the info. Will try to look for the guru tomorrow at the dealership.

sf49ers : car is basically stock, still sitting by the sideline and trying to learn from this board. Where in Daly city do you live? I had lunch there today.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:37 PM

2003 E500
No, he just said they can only lower what MB has programmed into the limits. Beyond that, we are outa luck (enter the washers mod if you want to go further).

He did say HOW low.. although if you follow a thread from stephens in Australia. he did his AT THE DEALER on his new E55. He has before and after. Pretty nice drop.. and looks great.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55

Unfortunatly, that is not the case, at least at the several dealers here that I have talked to here in So Cal. They now pretty much all know that the car can be lowered, and they do know there is room within MB spec/tolerance to do it, but my experience is that they simply refuse. Always citing either safety, warranty, liability or a combo of the three. Talk to the service Manager and see if they will, but I think the feedback from what I have heard from dealers here in the U.S. is that they will not...great customer service huh?
Old 07-10-2003, 11:41 PM

2003 E500
E! I honestly thought I'd run into the same problem.. then managed to get a hold of the tech geek at this dealership.. and he was like.. "yeah man, sure. Will need to be aligned though" And he EvEN mentioned that I have 12 months AFTERWARDS to bring the car in for ANOTHER alignment "under warranty."

Maybe you should come to Houston to have it done =) I'll try to get them to "throw in" the lowering on my NAV replacement... if not.. it's WASHERS and dremel time for me =)

Peter
Old 07-14-2003, 01:29 AM

w211
which dealership and who you speak to in houston to lower the car
Old 07-14-2003, 01:58 PM

Your ride looks SWEET!

Excellent Mod, I have to try it!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:45 PM

2003 E500
I spoke with Tony at the service dept at Greenway. He's the "tech man" over there. I spoke with several other people and they were like "Eh, what?" Tony knew EXACTLY what I was wanting, and knew how to do it.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 PM

w211
thanks
Old 07-15-2003, 02:07 AM

W204 C300
brabus

I had Brabus lower my car. But i want it lower so can i still do the washer thing.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:33 AM

W204 C300
I lowered my car last night even more with the washer thing works vary well thanks alot. it is also a lot cheper then when i whent to brabus.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:49 AM

2003 E500
Speedy, let's see some pix dude!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:41 PM

W204 C300
im going to wash my car today then i will put some pics up.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:42 AM

W204 C300
up and down

my car gose up in sport mode and gose down out of sport mode. dose any ones car to this two.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Almost a Member!

03 e500 sport
guys, do you add the washers in when the car is out of sport mode? then after adding the washers. i disconnect the battery?? would i reset any other thing?
Old 07-20-2003, 12:39 AM

w211
just jack it up and put d washer in u dont have to unplug d battery
Old 02-02-2004, 07:08 PM

2004 E320
Warranty problems

I really want to do this to my car as well but what about the warranty, I am just scared that I will have manufacturer problems with my airmatic later and since, that was modified. They will void the warranty for that feature on my car. Please advise.

Thanks,
E-320 Owner
Old 02-03-2004, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by sf49ers79
where is castro valley? i live in Daly City
sf49ers79: I live right down the hill from you. I'm in South City, probably minutes from where you are.

This mod seems easy enough to do, and more importantly - to UNDO when the lease is up on my car. If you guys get together to mod your cars all at once, let me know too. Definitely interested in it...

kevin
Old 05-29-2004, 04:25 PM

E500
Originally posted by EPower

Unfortunatly, that is not the case, at least at the several dealers here that I have talked to here in So Cal. They now pretty much all know that the car can be lowered, and they do know there is room within MB spec/tolerance to do it, but my experience is that they simply refuse. Always citing either safety, warranty, liability or a combo of the three. Talk to the service Manager and see if they will, but I think the feedback from what I have heard from dealers here in the U.S. is that they will not...great customer service huh?
EPower,

Thanks for the great works. BUT...

A great customer service don't necessary be lower customer car for them. The slicely lowering doesn't affect the safety. But remember, We are talking about USA and especially in CA. If something does happen to your airmatic, I bet the tech will be worry. You got to understand that they are risk their license or certification on your lowering job. Once a customer complain to MBUSA that MB service tech lowering their car and cause their airmatic fail. That will be a safety issue with MB. What do you think the result will be? Will you risk your certification with MB just to keep your customer happen by lowering their car differ as MB spec?

people are crazy out there. They will do "anything" as long they don't have to pay for any damage or any responsibility. The best way is to refuse the service by refering warranty issue.

For example. If a tech lowering the car for customer. That dumb customer run over a damping and scratch or damage the front bumper. What will be the result? If that lame customer go back to MB service center and complain the lowering casuse his car damager. Will the tech be responsible for it? Remember, the tech do not have base salary. They make money base on the percentage of their work. The certification isn't cheap to them. It takes time and money for those certifications.

Please, think before saying. I am not trying to offense anyone, but i just felt like to point out the MB service's concern about liability issue. They are so many people out there like to take advantage and law suit on every issues. I have heard too many rediculous complains from customers. You will be surprise.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:49 PM

2004 E500
Please explain the benefits of lowering both cosmetic and handling. What are the risks? Thanks

p.s. Has anyone determined if the difference between the 2003 setup and the 2004 setup of Sport I and Sport II settings effects the handling.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:13 AM

E500
Alignment after lowering

Epower and Tbone,

Did you guys have your car's alignment done after lowering the front and rear? If so, where? I brought my car to a performance shop and they said they could not do it. Will the dealer do it without it voiding the warranty?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Re: Alignment after lowering

Originally posted by steveyoyo
Epower and Tbone,

Did you guys have your car's alignment done after lowering the front and rear? If so, where? I brought my car to a performance shop and they said they could not do it. Will the dealer do it without it voiding the warranty?

Thanks!
I had to get my car re-aligned. I took it to Topline in Burlingame, CA. They installed a camber kit in the front prior to alignment. Because my car is so low, this barely brought specs back into factory specs, but I have worn my tires evenly. My first set of Pilot Sports lasted 22,500 miles, worn even all the way across. The alignment was money well spent. HTH
Old 06-18-2004, 10:15 PM

E500
Tbone,

Thanks for your reply, Is their a place on-line you can buy a camber kit? If not where did you get yours from? BTW, how much was the kit and what did it cost you to have it installed?

Were they able to align the rear wheels as well? The performance shop I went to said there is no adjustment for the rear.

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowered front end today in 15 minutes