E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

BT with puck (B67875855) connectivity issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 (W211)
BT with puck (B67875855) connectivity issues

I've just installed the bluetooth puck with tail (B67875855) into a MY03/04 W211. I have a 2004 E500 and have paired the puck with my iPhone 4. The installation and pairing was seamless. The puck's blue light shows the BT connectivity as active and the iPhone notes a BT connection.

However, I'm unable to send or receive calls or perform any phone functions from COMAND or utilize the steering wheel TEL functions. I realize version coding (STAR Diagnostics) is required and I will seek an indy with the software this week.

My questions to owners who have successfully added connectivity:
  1. Did your vehicle require version coding before any functionality was enabled?
  2. Did you vehicle have partial functionality (send & receive calls) but with version coding you were able to perform additional functions (downloading phone book; steering wheel controls, etc)?

Any advice from 'BT with puck' veterans?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 PM

E320 wagon
Partial answer

If the car never had a phone, it has be enabled in star for any functionality. I did mine at an indy, who had the bootleg star system. Had to find the screen that said cell phone, and toggle it from "not fitted" to "fitted". That said, this is not version coding. I do not have functionality in the dashboard, but the comand works fine, steering wheel controls, loads phone book (on my droid x) etc.

2004 e320

Originally Posted by NBDT
I've just installed the bluetooth puck with tail (B67875855) into a MY03/04 W211. I have a 2004 E500 and have paired the puck with my iPhone 4. The installation and pairing was seamless. The puck's blue light shows the BT connectivity as active and the iPhone notes a BT connection.

However, I'm unable to send or receive calls or perform any phone functions from COMAND or utilize the steering wheel TEL functions. I realize version coding (STAR Diagnostics) is required and I will seek an indy with the software this week.

1. Did your vehicle require version coding before any functionality was enabled?
  2. Did you vehicle have partial functionality (send & receive calls) but with version coding you were able to perform additional functions (downloading phone book; steering wheel controls, etc)?

Last edited by rupped; 03-11-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 PM

2004 E500 (W211)
rupped, thanks for the info. I'm getting confused with all the different terms and wasn't sure if I needed anything else. From what I've gathered through the various threads, the 2003-04 w211s should be 'pre-wired' for bt. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by NBDT

HI,
I was looking at your post and Can I ask you a question please regarding the BT. I have a 04 E320 and I wanted to have a BT installed on that and wanted to connect my iphone as ipod as well. Do you have any suggestions, i would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Riz
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM

2004 E500 (W211)
Originally Posted by rizo
HI,
I was looking at your post and Can I ask you a question please regarding the BT. I have a 04 E320 and I wanted to have a BT installed on that and wanted to connect my iphone as ipod as well. Do you have any suggestions, i would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Riz
You'll need the Bluetooth Cradle Replacer #B67875855 if your vehicle is already equipped with the CP211 TeleAid module. You'll more than likely need version coding from the dealer using STAR Diagnostic (SDS). There is a STAR Bulletin #P-1-82.70/290 for Voice Activated Cellular Telephone Installation that notes version coding instructions: "Version Coding/Optional Equipment" Set cellular phone to "PRESENT" and "Portable Cellular Phone" to "FITTED".

Once you've installed the cradle replace and had the vehicle version coded (if it's never had cell phone activated before), then you'll have full hands-free capability on the steering wheel, COMAND screen and a downloadable iPhone contacts list.

The optional voice-activated module + stalk can be purchased and installed on the right side of the steering column opposite the cruise control stalk.