E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Shifter Trim- Cannot get back in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Shifter Trim- Cannot get back in

I pulled the shifter trim up at the top by the ash tray and pulled it forward to removed it. Now i am trying to put it back and i am having no success. I put the metal tabs back in first(closest to the arm rest) and then swung it down while keeping pressure towards the back. It is like 50% seated but has ALOT of resistance and i dont want to break the trim piece. Any advice would be appreciated. Any thing it could get caught up on. Do you think one compression tabs slipped off and is blocking? im sure once i get it ill be kicking myself. Thanks in advance for the replies
Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 CDI Estate, E500 4M Wagon
Originally Posted by TerpsV2
I pulled the shifter trim up at the top by the ash tray and pulled it forward to removed it. Now i am trying to put it back and i am having no success. I put the metal tabs back in first(closest to the arm rest) and then swung it down while keeping pressure towards the back. It is like 50% seated but has ALOT of resistance and i dont want to break the trim piece. Any advice would be appreciated. Any thing it could get caught up on. Do you think one compression tabs slipped off and is blocking? im sure once i get it ill be kicking myself. Thanks in advance for the replies
Make sure the rear tabs aren't too low - it's easy to get them below vs into the exact holes.

It will fit, keep trying!

Smash