E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear pano sunshade sagging??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' E350 4matic
Rear pano sunshade sagging??

I'm out of warranty so I'm on my own for this one. Two days ago, it was a gorgeous day here in the north east so I decided to open the windows and sunroof to smell that fresh spring air! Upon returning home, naturally, I close all the the windows and sunroof. I contemplated closing the pano sunshade and I said to myself " damn its still hot...I better close the sunshade too." So I begin to close the sunshade when all of a sudden, about 3/4 closed, I hear a pop! The sunshade had closed all the way but then I noticed that it was sagging :crybaby2:

Has anyone else experienced this? If so what is the fix? Its not going to the stealership. DAS pulled up a minor fault with circuit 15/15R stating that the communication was 'inplausable'? I took out the relay and tested it with a Ohm meter and its fine. I'm afraid I may have to remove the headliner but I'm hoping there is a better (easier) way.

Honestly to me it seems the roller that retracts the sunshade had snapped a spring that retracts the sunshade. The front sunshade works fine. The rear sunshade doesn't move at all as if the motor has no signal, but DAS isn't picking up anything in the OCP???
Anyone want to take a stab at this?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' E350 4matic
Bump