E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Show and Go!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Show and Go!!

Guys, I've been "Ebay-ing" it lately and have incidently seen a bunch of stuff for autos in general and some specific to the E class (W211). I was wondering what you guys thought of the following... I'm kicking some stuff around.. and just wanted a "2nd opinion."

* tail-light chrome surround: Is this overdoing it? Esp with the chrome door handle protector and front headlight rings? I do not have chrome wheels.

* Illum Door sills: I am GOING to get this. Install PROBALLY needs to be done by the dealer.. don't know if I can mess with it myself. Anyone install their own?

* Carbon Fiber door pillars: They look neat.. and with my replacement car being Obs. Black.. would probably be subtle yet nice. Or do you think it's a "Rice"look? THey have Brabus or AMG "badges" that go into the pillar. But again... ghetto?

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Peter
Old 07-01-2003, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Show and Go!!

Originally posted by NitroShredder
Guys, I've been "Ebay-ing" it lately and have incidently seen a bunch of stuff for autos in general and some specific to the E class (W211). I was wondering what you guys thought of the following... I'm kicking some stuff around.. and just wanted a "2nd opinion."

* tail-light chrome surround: Is this overdoing it? Esp with the chrome door handle protector and front headlight rings? I do not have chrome wheels.

* Illum Door sills: I am GOING to get this. Install PROBALLY needs to be done by the dealer.. don't know if I can mess with it myself. Anyone install their own?

* Carbon Fiber door pillars: They look neat.. and with my replacement car being Obs. Black.. would probably be subtle yet nice. Or do you think it's a "Rice"look? THey have Brabus or AMG "badges" that go into the pillar. But again... ghetto?

Peter

thats wierd, ive been looking at the same stuff lol....i remember seeing the rear tail lights rings, but i didnt think they looked good, the iluminated sills are cool...also, there is a cd, i guess its just like mbusalearning, for only 2 bucks....i think the chrome rings for the front look good
Old 07-01-2003, 12:19 PM

clk430, e500
Re: Show and Go!!

Originally posted by NitroShredder

Peter
http://gallery.mbnz.org/publications/pub.asp?id=134

DIY Illum Door sills for ML, it may help
Old 07-01-2003, 12:46 PM

2003 E500
Thanks for the link CLK. Man, looks like a MAJOR undertaking. Phew!!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
What are the "carbon fiber door pillars"?
Old 07-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 E320, 2003 C230 Kompressor
Headlamp rings....yes
Taillamp rings....no
Carbon Fiber....Not on an E
AMG badges....its a matter of personal choice....the purists would vote no, but I figure if i'M paying for it.....they don't have a say unless they want to buy the car for me.
Illuminated Door Sills....yes if they're not the cheap imitations.