AMG Brake upgrade - Spindle Question and Recommedation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
AMG Brake upgrade - Spindle Question and Recommedation

Hello Everyone,

I am changing out my brake calipers on a W211 to the big AMG ones and I know I need to either get a new spindle or have the one I have drilled our to accept the 14mm bolt. If you have done this before, which would you recommend doing, get new spindle or drill out existing one? If I get it drilled out can anyone recommend a shop that has done this before. I live in the Pasadena area in So. Cal.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by iddoc
Hello Everyone,

I am changing out my brake calipers on a W211 to the big AMG ones and I know I need to either get a new spindle or have the one I have drilled our to accept the 14mm bolt. If you have done this before, which would you recommend doing, get new spindle or drill out existing one? If I get it drilled out can anyone recommend a shop that has done this before. I live in the Pasadena area in So. Cal.

Thanks.
From what I recall of the spindles on these cars, drilling out the spindle to accept a 14mm bolt *might* leave it a bit weak after removing all that metal. Getting the AMG spindle might not be a bad way to go. However, I could be wrong as it's been a while since I've done brakes on one of these cars. Take a few pics if you can and I can probably assist further.