E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

TPMS is NOT Working???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 W211 E350 Sport Pkg. AMG Kits, Sienna Black Paint/Designo Tan Leather Pkg/Pano, Navi, Miro M.BLk
Arrow TPMS is NOT Working???

Hi all, I just wanted to ask a few question before calling the dealer. I recently damage 2 of my TPMS sensor, I bought a couples TPMS on ebay. It for W211 but when I install them my sensor light still on. I has went to the dealer before, they did a reset on it, it work for like 10min and after that the light turn on again.
Does this mean that 1 of the TPMS is not working? or It just need to reset?
If it need reset, do you have any idea how much it will cost me?

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 AM

04 E500
Hard to diagnose the problem from here. Are you sure you got the right TPMS sensors from eBay? Early models used a 315 mHz signal, later ones are 433 Mhz. Also, the batteries in the sensors are typically good for about 4 years, and since you have an '08 model it's possible that one of the sensors you didn't replace is dying and coincidentally causing a problem that's different but has the same symptoms.

It shouldn't be necessary to have the system reset at the dealer. The dealer can speed up the process by resetting the system directly, but usually all you have to do is follow the instructions in the owner's manual, i.e., push the reset button and drive the car for a while, and it will reset itself. If trying that repeatedly doesn't work, there isn't much you can do except have the dealer check out the system. (By the way, if the dealer reset the system and it only lasted ten minutes, I'd have turned right around and gone back to the dealer immediately. That wasn't possible?)
Old 04-15-2012, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
The car seems to be from Tokyo? Europe always used 433 MHz sensors, 315 MHz was for the US (NA), not sure what Japan is/were using.

The frequency is still one thing to look at but the W211 also has completely different sensors for different MY cars, from different suppliers too. It would be good to know the part number that was printed on the new sensors, a Beru sensor would not work on a MY 2008 car.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 AM

08 W211 E350 Sport Pkg. AMG Kits, Sienna Black Paint/Designo Tan Leather Pkg/Pano, Navi, Miro M.BLk
Thanks for the info guys, I will have to check with the parts number to see. also the frequency is should be 315mhz. I'm in the state now, not from Japan.