Tele Aid And The E Car Swappers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 SPORT
Question Tele Aid And The E Car Swappers

Two questions for the E NAV swappers-

Did you have any problems with the swapping of the VIN nos with the tele aid folks at the dealers?

Is there a way to de activate the Homelink Door Opener on the mirror? The last thing I want is the new owner having the ability to open my garage door if he finds out where the car once lived.

Any suggestions?

2 more weeks and we join the group of select NAV owners.

In all my years of owning German cars this FUBAR is an all time first with a happy but confusing ending.

Derek.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Tele Aid And The E Car Swappers

Originally posted by ATLANTA E500
Two questions for the E NAV swappers-

Did you have any problems with the swapping of the VIN nos with the tele aid folks at the dealers?

Is there a way to de activate the Homelink Door Opener on the mirror? The last thing I want is the new owner having the ability to open my garage door if he finds out where the car once lived.

Any suggestions?

2 more weeks and we join the group of select NAV owners.

In all my years of owning German cars this FUBAR is an all time first with a happy but confusing ending.

Derek.

i havent gotten my car, but i doubt they would make it hard on us...activating tele-aid will probably be the same as before. with homelink, the will clear it, unless it says how in the manual...your getting your car in 14 days?? when did you order, and get your old car, thanks
Old 07-03-2003, 12:51 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
During my swap, I signed new paper for teleaid, they faxed it to the company with my credit card number. It is still free the first year. I have not called teleaid to restart. I'm ambivalent about it.

Last edited by drb; 07-03-2003 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:54 PM

2003 E500 SPORT
Original car order was placed in late Dec 02 and delivered on 26 Feb 03.

The new model was ordered in late April and will be here off the boat on the 13th in JAX and up to the dealer by the 17-18th of this month.

Lucky, for the dealer that he has only one sale with NAV and that was me.........since we have 4 dealers in Atlanta a bunch of folks should be happy this summer. The dealer told me this NAV effects about 5000 folks nationwide. I think they will have a summer sale a thon in 2003 or sales and management will be driving these as demo pieces.

Derek.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:06 PM

To erase the garage door programing, press and hold the two outside buttons. If you have a newer garage door opener with rolling codes, then the opener actually learns the transmitter. You should look at the instructions for the opener to see how to erase transmitters from its memory. You will probably need to initialize it then have it learn all remotes again.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by ATLANTA E500
Original car order was placed in late Dec 02 and delivered on 26 Feb 03.

The new model was ordered in late April and will be here off the boat on the 13th in JAX and up to the dealer by the 17-18th of this month.

Lucky, for the dealer that he has only one sale with NAV and that was me.........since we have 4 dealers in Atlanta a bunch of folks should be happy this summer. The dealer told me this NAV effects about 5000 folks nationwide. I think they will have a summer sale a thon in 2003 or sales and management will be driving these as demo pieces.

Derek.
o cool, you ordered your first car on my birth day :p