E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E Klasse Facts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 SPORT
Lightbulb E Klasse Facts

I want to pass on a point that some of you may not know.
On the run thru of the service dept. the Manager said for me to make a note (off record) if I want a no charge wheel alignment that this can be done before I hit 12,000 miles regardless of time to get to this marker. This is not a well mentioned topic.

Also, he mentioned that IF I wanted to extend the factory warranty to 7 yrs/100,000 miles this had to be done before the car's in service 1 year date was reached.

Considering all the computerized components this will be a good move. Warranty is done thru MB and by MB and runs bumper to bumper.

Derek.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:43 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Is the cost of the add-on Mercedes warranty any more by waiting for the one year period as opposed to getting it at time of purchase? Could you refresh us on what it costs? By the way BMW has upped the years on their warranties for the 2004 models and the Chrysler side of th DC house is already offering extended year warranties as part of the purchase. When will Mercedes follow?
Old 07-05-2003, 10:48 AM

2003 E500 SPORT
The finance manager also told me about the extended warranty and when I pressed him with my off record intel he agreed that it could be done up to less than 1 year. His cost at that time for the 7/100 was about 2 grand. If we sold the car or did not use it we would get $$ back. I had to fight with Chrysler when I did it on a P/T Cruiser to get it ALL back in under a year.

He did not say what the increase if any would be.......I will have to press the flesh again when I take the retro car with NAV this month.

D.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: E Klasse Facts

Originally posted by ATLANTA E500
Warranty is done thru MB and by MB and runs bumper to bumper.
I got the MB extended warranty and it doesn't quite cover everything after the basic warranty expires. There is a list I got with the warranty and it states that anything not specifically on the list it NOT covered. It's pretty good but not everything.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:33 AM

2003 E500 SPORT
Thanks for the intel on the fine print. As long as it covers the zillion
computerized parts and modules it should be fine. Thats the zinger of the new cars.........these components will go out in time.......

D.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:54 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
The $$ back is not full money back if you do not use it. It is prorated based upon each year of ownership and the number of total months of warranty less a relatively small service charge. For example, if you buy a 7 year warranty and trade the car in 5 years and haven't used the warranty, you get 2/7 ths back less the service charge.

I am leasing the E500 for 3 years so this wasn't a consideration. But on our SL500 I took the MB warranty for 7 years as we expect to keep it that long and even if not, it is good insurance with all the electronics in the suspension, brakes, etc.

Also, the radio and navigation I think are not covered, you should double check that.

Jeff
Old 07-05-2003, 11:57 PM

2003 E500 SPORT
Good Points Jeff on the NAV. With all the problems in doing the so called retrofit I hope this NAV never goes bad or I will either have to ship to car back to Germany or get my third new car on MB.

Derek.