Just got 2003 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Just got 2003 E500

I just got the 2003 E500 Sport today...
I ordered Obsidian Black Metallic sport, but the dealer had a black sport in inventory with better options than the one i ordered so i just got that one...
I think i'm hearing the clinking noise from the engine.. probably the engine mount problem thing... and it had continental tires, and yup... drifts to the right.. I guess I'll go into the dealer and get these repaired...
Another thing... the audio system doesn't seem to be that loud as the one i tested on another e500... i hope resetting the settings will change that... i'm 21 but i guess my ears are still teenager..
anyways.. so far so good... i'm loving it
Old 07-06-2003, 08:35 AM

2003 E500 SPORT
Thumbs up

Congrats on the new E-500. I have the same combo and it looks great.

Might think about having the dealer run a double silver stripe down the high crease of the body...........looks outstanding.

If you can , do a JPEG of the Birdseye and leather wheel. I had a fight to get this ordered on my new re do NAV car. I would like to see what it will look like.

derek

Jdseltzer@aol.com
Old 07-06-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
here
Attached Thumbnails Just got 2003 E500-mvc-016f.jpg  
Old 07-06-2003, 12:13 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
Jeez, MB still having cars come through with motor mounts and alignment issues What is your cars production month , inside the drivers door jamb. Best of luck with your new baby
Old 07-06-2003, 08:28 PM

Re: Just got 2003 E500

Originally posted by suhochunsah
and it had continental tires, and yup... drifts to the right..
I have contiental tires on my E320, and I drfit to the right a little bit too. I did not know its the tires, is this true? Can I get my dealer to swap out my tires so I don't drift?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:04 AM

2003 E500 SPORT
Thumbs up

Thanks for the jpeg of the Birdseye maple steering wheel.

This looks like a thicker rim than my all leather one. Does it feel heftier in our opinion than the demo wheel you drove ?

Nice combo and I am glad I added this to the retro car order.

Derek.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
I dont know if the wheel is thicker that the other, but I told the guy that I will not take delivery at that time of my car unless the car comes with that wheel.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:57 PM

2003 E320
Re: Just got 2003 E500

I just got the 2003 E500 Sport today...
I ordered Obsidian Black Metallic sport, but the dealer had a black sport in inventory with better options than the one i ordered so i just got that one...
I think i'm hearing the clinking noise from the engine.. probably the engine mount problem thing... and it had continental tires, and yup... drifts to the right.. I guess I'll go into the dealer and get these repaired...
Another thing... the audio system doesn't seem to be that loud as the one i tested on another e500... i hope resetting the settings will change that... i'm 21 but i guess my ears are still teenager..
anyways.. so far so good... i'm loving it
congrats on the new car. yeah, sounds like you need to take it in for the standard E500 fixes.

nice to see another korean person around here.

Rock.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:23 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

Originally posted by Rock72
congrats on the new car. yeah, sounds like you need to take it in for the standard E500 fixes.

nice to see another korean person around here.

Rock.
Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me all the 'standard' fixes that most people experienced... so I can bring it to the dealer's attention when I go in this week...
So far, the tire, motor mount, and speakers (when i turn it up, sometimes the bass goes boom boom, then flap~ boom.. etc.), some kind of sound from brake pedal? and the car seems to shake a little when the engine's on and sits there on idle...
I think those are the only ones that I've noticed so far...
I hope there aren't more problems.. but it'd be great if you can tell me other problems that majority of the E500 owners experienced and I should be aware of...
Anyways, thanks!

p.s what part of so cali are you from?

Last edited by suhochunsah; 07-07-2003 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:29 PM

2003 E320
Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me all the 'standard' fixes that most people experienced... so I can bring it to the dealer's attention when I go in this week...
So far, the tire, motor mount, and speakers (when i turn it up, sometimes the bass goes boom boom, then flap~ boom.. etc.), and the car seems to shake a little when the engine's on and set it sit on idle...
I think those are the only ones that I've noticed so far...
I hope there aren't more problems.. but it'd be great if you can tell me other problems that majority of the E500 owners experienced and I should be aware of...
Anyways.. thanks

p.s what part of so cali are you from?
i'd say the most common one is the engine making a clicking noise (motor mounts need to be replaced) and the car leaning towards the right.

some have had some problems with the radio and some have an issue with teleaid malfunctioning.

brakes sometimes make a high pitched squealing noise.

if you have the panorama sunroof, there is also a whistling sound that some people have (possible air leak).

most complain about the continental tires...they want the michelins.

i live in redondo beach...work in irvine. got my car from house of imports (buena park).

Rock.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 White on Stone E320
Was House of Imports willing to deal? I heard the San Jose dealers were willing to make some good deals on the new E but HoI is about 5 min from my house so I'd prefer to go there.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:53 PM

2003 E320
yup

Originally posted by codex57
Was House of Imports willing to deal? I heard the San Jose dealers were willing to make some good deals on the new E but HoI is about 5 min from my house so I'd prefer to go there.
yeah, they were willing to deal. i got it from a guy in this group who was offering $1000 above invoice so i took it. this was back in october 2002 when most dealers were charging sticker or $500 off sticker.

i had to pay advertising fees, etc...but it was still around $2500 off sticker.

Rock
Old 07-08-2003, 02:23 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

i'd say the most common one is the engine making a clicking noise (motor mounts need to be replaced) and the car leaning towards the right.

some have had some problems with the radio and some have an issue with teleaid malfunctioning.

brakes sometimes make a high pitched squealing noise.

if you have the panorama sunroof, there is also a whistling sound that some people have (possible air leak).

most complain about the continental tires...they want the michelins.

i live in redondo beach...work in irvine. got my car from house of imports (buena park).

Rock.
Ah.. I see... hmm.. I think I heard some kind of break squeal yesterday for a sec.. but i have to test it out more and be sure... and I'm having problems with Keyless Go...
When I go into the dealer and tell them about the tires, should I just ask them straight out to switch them to Michellins? What's the best way to ask them to get them to switch instead of just doing 4 wheel alignment?
And, do you know the best way to break in a new MB car? Some people tell me to drive aggresively to have the car "learn" my style of driving, but I'm worried I might damage the car if I do that when I only have 300 miles on it...
Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 PM

2003 E320
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

Ah.. I see... hmm.. I think I heard some kind of break squeal yesterday for a sec.. but i have to test it out more and be sure... and I'm having problems with Keyless Go...
When I go into the dealer and tell them about the tires, should I just ask them straight out to switch them to Michellins? What's the best way to ask them to get them to switch instead of just doing 4 wheel alignment?
And, do you know the best way to break in a new MB car? Some people tell me to drive aggresively to have the car "learn" my style of driving, but I'm worried I might damage the car if I do that when I only have 300 miles on it...
i get a high pitched squealing type noise. there isn't much the dealer can do about it though.

there have been some problems with keyless go. there's a sensor that sometimes needs to be replaced in the car if it's not "reading" your key very well.

not sure about the tires. many people got the continentals and complained. i'm not sure if they got them replaced with michelins or not...maybe someone else can comment on that. or do a search in here. i guess i just got lucky...my car came with michelins. the contis are a little noisy from what i hear.

most people in here will agree that you should take it easy for the first 1000 miles. don't let the tach hit 4. keep it in the 2-3 range most of the time. don't floor it or use the shiftronic (manually shifting).

you can let the car learn your aggressive driving style later.

you will also hear a noise coming from the engine after you shut off your car. that's normal...just the brakes.

Rock
Old 07-08-2003, 04:44 PM

2003 E320
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

oh yeah...don't forget to clay and zaino your car....it'll look nice.

Rock.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:03 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

oh yeah...don't forget to clay and zaino your car....it'll look nice.

Rock.
Clay and Zaino? what's that? I did buy that Perma Plate or whatever detailing option from the dealer for $895 or something.. I'll be taking my car in tomorrow morning to get that done.. and i'll be addressing all the problems at that time also...
Old 07-09-2003, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got 2003 E500

Clay and Zaino? what's that? I did buy that Perma Plate or whatever detailing option from the dealer for $895 or something.. I'll be taking my car in tomorrow morning to get that done.. and i'll be addressing all the problems at that time also...
OMG!!!! 900 dollars for that stuff from your dealer. please save your money...and learn how to detail it yourself. you will save hundreds of dollars, and it will look much better. zaino is a sealant, or whatever. i use it, and it works really really well. clay is basically clay that you rub very slightly against your car to make it super smooth. go over to the detailing forum, and they can help you.....believe me, its worth it....if you have any questions on detailing it, pm me, or e-mail meat bmms8@aol.com or aim me at vasr11 . i can help you out if you want, but please dont do the perma stuff from your dealer, plz!