E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NE1 take their E out to the track yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55
NE1 take their E out to the track yet?

Was curious if anyone had yet taken their E out for a spin on a track, like Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, etc. I have seen quite a few posts all over MBWorld about cars at the 1/4 mile straights, but no posts on a track circuit. I know these cars really are not made for track use, but I used to take my 540 to Willow Springs and have a great time with it. I used to see a few more 540's, Audi A6's (V8's) and the like there. The E and the 540 are about the same weight/power/suspension. Anyone interested, at least here in California in getting a few E's together at a track? There is a group I have gone with before and it is really inexpensive, at about $130 for the day. A few different groups organize the track times, and most also provide instruction, if necessary or requested. They will also run the day at about 45 cars, usually split into 3 groups of 15 by driver experience/car. The guys at opentrackracing.com are good as are the guys at road one performance driving school, although they are more expensive. I would love to see how these cars get around some of these tracks.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Hey man. THat's a killer idea. Of course I'd have to lock up here at Texas World Speedway.... but that is STILL 4 hours away! I couldn't "sneak" up there w/o WIFEY knowing =)

Peter