E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New to me 2005 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
New to me 2005 E55

I was fortunate enough to find a good deal on an E55 after looking for several weeks. The car is a 2005 with 50k miles. No existing warranty, but completely stock and very meticulously maintained. I purchased it on Friday and drove it home from Virginia. The drive was pretty great considering it was raining the entire time. I haven't had a chance to really clean up the exterior, but I did hit the interior. The car performs very well. I have clear sidemarkers coming as well as AMG valve stem caps and an AMG flat hood emblem. I am planning on getting tint very soon, as I live in Florida. What other mods would you guys recommend. (I am coming from a 2008 BMW M3 and this thing is plenty fast already!)

Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' IS 350, 08' E550
Welcome to the E-Class family! My wife bought me a 2008 E550 for my birthday so I'm new to the E-class as well I had to trade in my CLK 55 though...I sure do miss that firm, stiff sporty but nimble beast. However, the 550 has certainly grown on me these last few days. Here are some of the car facts:

Year: 2008
Car: E550
Exterior: Silver
Interior: Black
Miles: 42.5K
Trim: Mablewood
Package: AMG
Wheels: 18' AMG alloys

Total Price after taxes $34.9K

Not a bad deal but not a steal. The car is very clean 1 owner, Certified Used with a 2 year extended MB warranty.

What do you guys think so far?

I'm looking to upgrade to aftermarket wheels. I don't really care to have 20's but atleast 19's would be a nice look. Any recommendations for best car handling and fit for wheels and tires anyone?

Also, the car is very quiet and soft... I guess that's what to expect going from an AMG to a family sedan . I really like my car and looking to do more to stiffin it up a bit....nothing major but just a classy look....