MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Will you buy a Mercedes Again? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/453081-will-you-buy-mercedes-again.html)

2.7Tallroader 07-03-2015 01:47 PM

My W210 got me to 230K miles without ever leaving me stranded. I only gave it up as it was in an accident and got totaled by the insurance company. I am knocking on wood with my W211. I have 120K on it and going really strong.

As to the question, will I buy another MB? Definitely.

drsfiddle 07-05-2015 12:05 PM

Hate to say it, but the worst car I have ever owned (2007 CLK350). I do all my own car repairs and am a Mechanical engineer, been working on cars as a hobby for over 40 years. Worked on all styles models and makes. Not at all impressed with MB Engineering, they do things that would get me fired in my job. MB engineering is straight out of the Rube-Goldberg school of thought. All the new tools I had to buy and the ridiculously stupid way things are put together baffles me. How can this car company have such a great reputation? Yes they are built like tanks, but they are so inelegant and unneccesarily complex. Lots of stuff breaks, headlights last a fraction of other cars, key FOB batteries have to be replaced every 3-6 months, windshield washer pump out, trim pieces just falling off, have to disassemble underside of car to change oil, chrome on the wheels started bubble to flake off and ruined the beads of my tires, and lets not mention the ridiculous procedure for resetting the maintenance notifications. We bought it with 65K and the first thing I had to do was rebuild the front end. All the rubber bushings were rotting out and I live in Texas, no salt on the roads, not a lot of rain, very easy on cars. There are way better options in cars out there, but my wife loves driving the Mercedes convertible. And I guess that is what it comes down too.

PeterUbers 07-05-2015 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by IMIEIW (Post 6485670)
Buy another? Had a W210 with 150K miles and except for the miles and a few minor rust spots she never let me down. I figured it was time for an upgrade. Since the first day I've had my W211 E550 its been one thing after the other. I'm ready to put this one up for sale and try to find a nice W210 AMG. Every part I have needed has been in the hundreds of $$$$ and the light at the end of the tunnel is an on coming freight train

Same here, my parents W210 E320. 4 Matic has about 200,000 miles on it and no problems other than rust, and a few problems they have had have been pretty dirt cheap to fix at an independent mechanic. My warranty work on my 2014 E550 and E 63 have been in the ten thousands!!! (Mostly e550)

But F yeah I'll buy another Mercedes but I'll never own it out of warranty

The problem is that the most reliable cars on the planet don't give me any emotional thrill like the most expensive cars on the planet

Frank N Sense 07-06-2015 11:11 PM

I'm not an MB Guy whatsoever.
My thoughts of it as being an old mans car and now womans car.
Just my thoughts.
I used to read car mags. like the pope reads the bible. So he's supposed to.

One car.....the AMG E55..grabbed me hard. I so loved it's looks and performance.
Used to be a BMW guy but in the last decade they included HAL to do everything.
Plus the styling is bad.
I will buy another E55 AMG Because of it all.
Besides that..there are no others.
Don't care about hp and this and that.
They just don't look good like most cars today.

cmriv 07-07-2015 03:51 PM

Hell yeah i'd buy another one. If you are driving a car that was 70k$ brand new and think its a shytbox because it's expensive to fix/maintain, then sell it. These aren't your fully loaded accord v6's or altima 3.7 ect ect. MERCEDES BENZ CREME DE LE CREME. You gotta pay to play and if you're bitter about paying then you clearly don't wanna play.

edit: I'd drive a E39 M5 in a heartbeat, never an audi and obviously a porsche. IMO these cars are great. They have their flaws just like any manufacture, difference is you get the keys to a benz, not a yota, neesan, subie, or honda....

N_Jay 07-08-2015 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by cmriv (Post 6489397)
Hell yeah i'd buy another one. If you are driving a car that was 70k$ brand new and think its a shytbox because it's expensive to fix/maintain, then sell it. These aren't your fully loaded accord v6's or altima 3.7 ect ect. MERCEDES BENZ CREME DE LE CREME. You gotta pay to play and if you're bitter about paying then you clearly don't wanna play.

edit: I'd drive a E39 M5 in a heartbeat, never an audi and obviously a porsche. IMO these cars are great. They have their flaws just like any manufacture, difference is you get the keys to a benz, not a yota, neesan, subie, or honda....

Why a Porsche and not an Audi?

cmriv 07-08-2015 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by N_Jay (Post 6489906)
Why a Porsche and not an Audi?

I work next to a Porsche/Audi guy. He up and down praises porsche and has never had anything good to say about Audi. I've always been a Porsche fan
though, I haven't ever really been into audi's they just don't do it for me aesthetically or performance wise.

bobgodd 07-08-2015 04:24 PM

No.

JP500 07-11-2015 06:40 AM

Being an owner for 6 years, spent some money on maintanance,loved every single mile on my E and GL. Would I buy another one? Without the slightest doubt.

JP500 07-11-2015 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by cmriv (Post 6489397)

Cheers to that comment

E 200 CDI 07-14-2015 12:30 AM

I have been driving Mercedes for the last 15 years, my first one was a used W124, E 200 MY 1995. Next one was a used W210 E240 MY 2000. After that I bought a new W203 C 180 Kompressor. And then a new W204 C 200 CDI MY 2008.

Now i have an E 200 CDI MY 2010, I bought it new for 5 years ago and I love the car and I love Mercedes-Benz, they make the best cars in the World, that is my opinion!
In a Mercedes you always have the "welcome home" feeling, Mercedes stands for tradition and Automobile history but also for high technology.

BMW and Audi make good cars to, but for me is only Mercedes an option.
All three BMW/Audi/MB are very good cars, but really not that special, I mean every second car is a BMW/Audi or Mercedes here where I live..
And all the rest are VW :p:

a100steaksauce 07-14-2015 09:36 PM

yes.

I want a w212 amg.

Str8 not bi...lol

ezshift5 07-14-2015 09:59 PM

....unsure at this point. Got me a CPO C250 last year. Beautiful car: paint, trim, interior. Easy to drive. The turbocharged four with an automatic ain't my 4-speed 350/350 'Vette......but the little coupe is light years ahead in style and deportment..................

ez

Soylent Green 07-14-2015 10:57 PM

I think the hassel and expense is worth it for the power and comfort my car gives. If you can't take the heat got outta the kitchen.

rodneypierce 07-15-2015 08:55 AM

Without a doubt! I honestly dont think my garage will ever be without an MB.