E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Delivery issues with Shell 134 from Ryder Fleet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2007 E550 4matic
Delivery issues with Shell 134 from Ryder Fleet?

I just had my third shipment of Shell 134 transmission fluid returned as damaged. I've never even seen the damaged packages--Fedex flags the shipments as "damaged" before they even arrive.

Either Fedex is treating these boxes brutally, or the fluid is inadequately packaged for shipment.

Is anyone having difficulty receiving Shell 134 from Ryder Fleet?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
The two cases that i got last fall, a couple of the quarts you could tell leaked a bit since it stained the cardboard box. I opened up the case and just tightened them a bit more snug. But yeah i'm sure the young bucks that work in the warehouse are just tossing them around and not caring at all.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 4Matic Elegante
Sorry to hijack but I consider Ryder not carrying this anymore as a delivery issue.

Since Ryder is no longer carryng Shell 134 has anyone found a suitable avenue to get it or have folks moved on to another brand?

I see Shell Spirax S6 134 M is a compatable fluid but I have yet to find it anywhere. I also see Mobil ATF134 is also suitable but I can't find that either.

Guess I'm a bit spoiled by the pricing that Ryder had and now regard anything north of $6 bucks a quart as pricey.

Someone was kind enough to inform me on the other site that if you call your local shell distributor you should be able to get pricing in line with what Ryder was selling theirs for.

Last edited by barcheta; 10-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 E350, 2006 C350 Sport(made it to 280k, loved it!), 1990 300E
Originally Posted by barcheta
Sorry to hijack but I consider Ryder not carrying this anymore as a delivery issue.

Since Ryder is no longer carryng Shell 134 has anyone found a suitable avenue to get it or have folks moved on to another brand?

I see Shell Spirax S6 134 M is a compatable fluid but I have yet to find it anywhere. I also see Mobil ATF134 is also suitable but I can't find that either.

Guess I'm a bit spoiled by the pricing that Ryder had and now regard anything north of $6 bucks a quart as pricey.

Someone was kind enough to inform me on the other site that if you call your local shell distributor you should be able to get pricing in line with what Ryder was selling theirs for.
You are correct w/contacting your local Shell distributor. Folks in W203 forum know about this as well. If you live in TX, you are in luck. There's a dist. there that has it in stock. You can search in there because I don't have the link on hand. In PA, where I live, my local dist. said it is on back order. It has been 2 weeks since I ordered. Sales guy said there has been trouble with the refinery in our area. Who knows what's going on with this product at this time