E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Command and Cd changer problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
06 CLS500, 07 GL450
Command and Cd changer problem

Today I was attempting to install my itronics bluetooth and OEM ipod kit. As I ran wires with itronics I decided to start the Ipod kit install as well. I hooked up the itronics as directed on youtube and I hooked up the ipod kit as diy directions, from the command everything complete but in the rear I have not completed. I ran the wires to the trunk but I have not finished it with the retrofitting in the rear. Only the ipod to black box and ipod wire to command and canbus wire. Back to the itronics hooked up everthing and tapped into the cd changer power to power itronics and I tried to turn on command to do a test and now the cd changer does not open nor does the command work just an mercedes logo and then it goes blank. Everything on the cd changer panel works car heater/cooler seats and door lock, ect. I took out the itronics thinking it could be the problem and set it back the way it was even thought I did leave half finished ipod kit install as is. Any suggestions? Fuse blown or did I fry something? This install was done in 06 CLS500 I believe it is the same car as w211.