E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New Treads on my 2004

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320
New Treads on my 2004

I am seriously considering put Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires on my 2004. I've read very favorable reports about this tire. It is a new line for Bridgestone and also is a good RR tire. Has anyone out that any experience with Bridgestones? My Conti Touring Contacts are reaching their end of life and I have never been too excited about them.

Tarheel76
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
I have a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (not the plus) on my 06 E320CDI and I love them. They are quiet, smooth and handle well. Mine have 16K miles and the tread has worn 2/32s. At the current rate they will surpass the 70K treadwear warranty. From CostCo installed and with roadhazard warranty, and balance and rotation for life of the tire just short of $600 dollars.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
On my E550 4Matic with sport package, I have the Michelin H4 MXM4 tires that are absolutely stellar. Granted they are expensive but they are grand touring tires and I would recommend them for any Merc that they will fit on because they are made very well and really pin you to the road. As for Bridgestone tires in general, I would never touch them. My mom had a set (not the Serenity plus) on her old car and they were very bad in all-season conditions - plus I question Bridgestone safety after their Firestone acquisition but that is just me. I cannot attest to the Serenity or Serenity plus but Bridgestone, to me, is a no-no company, I trust Pirelli, Conti, and Michelin much more.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
On my E550 4Matic with sport package, I have the Michelin H4 MXM4 tires that are absolutely stellar. Granted they are expensive but they are grand touring tires and I would recommend them for any Merc that they will fit on because they are made very well and really pin you to the road. As for Bridgestone tires in general, I would never touch them. My mom had a set (not the Serenity plus) on her old car and they were very bad in all-season conditions - plus I question Bridgestone safety after their Firestone acquisition but that is just me. I cannot attest to the Serenity or Serenity plus but Bridgestone, to me, is a no-no company, I trust Pirelli, Conti, and Michelin much more.
Interesting. My experience is exactly the opposite. Bad experience with Michelin (flat spots and poor wear) and with the Bridgestone on three different MB they have handled good and worn very good. I quess it is all about personnel preference and how you drive. Bridgestone I have owned have not been very good in snow and Ice but neither have Michelins. The Bridgestones have been good for mileage and wet and dry road conditions and the Serenitys are great in terms of low noise and ride comfort.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
Originally Posted by edwinwalke
Interesting. My experience is exactly the opposite. Bad experience with Michelin (flat spots and poor wear) and with the Bridgestone on three different MB they have handled good and worn very good. I quess it is all about personnel preference and how you drive. Bridgestone I have owned have not been very good in snow and Ice but neither have Michelins. The Bridgestones have been good for mileage and wet and dry road conditions and the Serenitys are great in terms of low noise and ride comfort.
Agree, I have a set of Bridgestone Turanza Sereity Plus tires now and I think they beat the Michelin hands down. Very quiet, very smooth, great handling with the W rated.