E350 gearbox problem (I think)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E350
E350 gearbox problem (I think)

Hey guys

This is my first time on here (pretty exciting) and I'm really looking forward to any assistance that can be offered and also any way that I can assist.

I bought a 2005 E350 a couple months ago and have experienced some major problems already. The car is doing 160,000 km's and has a 7G Tronic box

The first incident happened when I drove thro' a water puddle in very heavy rain. Water somehow got into the driver side headlight and the xenon lamp stopped working. I have since replaced the ballast and it works but there's still an error viz "headlight cornering unavailable" - Any ideas on how to fix this?

The second issue is that the car lost power completely while driving on the freeway about a month ago. I tried accelarating and the revs climbed but there was no power. I eventually stopped and turned the ignition off and when I started up again it was fine. But then it happened again last week. Does anyone know why??

Oh, and the car takes a litre of oil every 2000 km's - Is that normal?

Please help if you know how!

Thanks, Keshan
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
I can't offer specific help except I think the engine oil consumption is high.I would use the DAS Xentry to do a compression test.

The transmission issue is extremely difficult to diagnose with out the factory DAS Xentry diagnostic tools to guide in the source of the problem.

Were you offered an extended warranty.