E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help! Have an issue that started after locksnmith opened my car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Help! Have an issue that started after locksnmith opened my car.

I have owned my 03 E55 since March. Of course in a hurry the other day and locked my key in the trunk! Locksmith came out and poped the door for me and I pulled the four fuses in the fuse box to enable me to unlock the trunk (found that tid bit on the forum). everything seems to be back to normal except my Homelink. no matter how you try and reset it, reprogram it, or press any button combination all it will do is the LED lights up steady and never blinks. it is almost like the home link has gone into lock mode and won't let you do anything with it. before the DA move of locking my keys in the trunk it worked perfect. I have scoured the forum to no avail. anyone have any experience that will help get this going again? Thanks for the help in advance!

Jeff

Last edited by 35thSLP; 10-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 PM

2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Did you try this?

"Press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds."

Mike
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Homelink Issue

yes I tried to hold the two outside buttons down to erase the stored codes but the LED never starts to blink, just stays on steady. Here is the response I got from Homelink support:

If the HomeLink LED remains sold and is unable to clear or reset, this could mean the HomeLink has been set back to default settings or this could mean that there was something programmed already to the HomeLink that will not erase.

Review 1-3 below. If the LED will not blink, and you cannot program the HomeLink, I would need to have you refer back to the dealership. There may be a fuse or wiring problem within the installation.

1. Turn the car ignition on

2. Hold HomeLink buttons 1&3 at the same time for up to 60 seconds/1 minute and see if the LED will start flashing. ( instead of just the 20-30 seconds described in basic programming directions )

3. Hold each HomeLink button individually up to one minute to see if the LED starts to blink.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM

2003 E55 AMG
First Try unsuccessful

OK, first try was to take F9 fuse out of trunk area fuse box for 15 min. to try and reset the Homelink. It did not work, net will be to pull the mirror down and try and unplug it from center overhead console to try and get the unit to reset.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 PM

2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Originally Posted by 35thSLP
OK, first try was to take F9 fuse out of trunk area fuse box for 15 min. to try and reset the Homelink. It did not work, net will be to pull the mirror down and try and unplug it from center overhead console to try and get the unit to reset.

Wish I could be more help - but I would do what you are doing - basiclly trying to remove power to the unit and hope for a reboot.
Mike