E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Picked Up Nav Replacement; KG Does Not Work...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
No, the windows remaining open does not generate a message from what I have seen so far. Other observations....

* The leather seems to be "softer" more luxurious.. I don't know if it's a build issue or a different lot of leather. But man, it's so sensual.. =)

* I also noticed the dash and console areas (plastic) seem to have a similar feel to the leather... it almost seems like they are also covered in leather (though they are not). The feel is very similar.. very soft/smooth...

* same with the Homelink buttons.. they seem softer that before.

Of course, my PRE-NAV was Ash interior and this one is Charcoal.. so I don't know if that could be the difference.

*ALso, I think the instrument panel lights are darker or dimmer. Not as shiny/bright. It's a more subdued look. The MFD does seem a touch different from the pre-NAV

* Time setting is now able to be Sync'd to the NAV GPS clock.

* Oh, and KG isn't working =) That's new too LOL!!

I'm sure I'll find more...

Hope this helps.
Peter
Old 07-28-2003, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by NitroShredder
No, the windows remaining open does not generate a message from what I have seen so far. Other observations....

* The leather seems to be "softer" more luxurious.. I don't know if it's a build issue or a different lot of leather. But man, it's so sensual.. =)

* I also noticed the dash and console areas (plastic) seem to have a similar feel to the leather... it almost seems like they are also covered in leather (though they are not). The feel is very similar.. very soft/smooth...

* same with the Homelink buttons.. they seem softer that before.

Of course, my PRE-NAV was Ash interior and this one is Charcoal.. so I don't know if that could be the difference.

*ALso, I think the instrument panel lights are darker or dimmer. Not as shiny/bright. It's a more subdued look. The MFD does seem a touch different from the pre-NAV

* Time setting is now able to be Sync'd to the NAV GPS clock.

* Oh, and KG isn't working =) That's new too LOL!!

I'm sure I'll find more...

Hope this helps.
Peter
cool, thanks for the new finds, i hope everything turns out good with the keylessgo
Old 07-29-2003, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Me too.. I am bringing it in tomorrow.. and supposedly I will be setup with an E500 loaner. All I can say is the parts had BETTER be in stock (heck, Greenway have had LOTS of post-delivery KG problems so they SHOULD Have the stuff right?). Hopefully, I'll have it back in about 2 days...

Interesting, Chris states his car is tracking straight.. his PRE NAV pulled to the right. I have the opposite going on. My NAV car is pulling (though I haven't noticed the engine mount problem yet).. and my preNAV was straight as could be. BOTH had the Conti's CH95's.

I dunno... I'll have them do both tomorrow.

Peter