E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 Dynamic Seats : Clicking & Ticking Noises

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350
Unhappy E500 Dynamic Seats : Clicking & Ticking Noises

Purchased a used 2005 E500 two weeks ago. Car spent the first 2 days in the shop, been driving it for the last 12 days. Over $2.5k in repairs. Last night when I was driving with the radio turned off, I noticed a clicking noise every 3-5 seconds coming from the back. I parked the car, engine running and went to the back seat. After a couple of minutes of sticking my ears to different parts of the car, I realized the noises were coming from the dynamic seats.

Did some research online and found other people with W211 had similar issues.

Some additional notes:

- Both my dynamic seats apparently don't work. On the driver's side, I can click "Dynamic" for the light to come on. Nothing happens. On the passenger side, clicking "Dynamic" causes the light to flicker twice before going dark again.
- Clicking noises are coming from both seats.
- Clicking noises happen about 3-5 seconds, really noticeable when the radio is not on.

Some questions for the community:

1) Does your W211 have the same issue? Did you take it to the dealership / do repairs? How much did the repairs cost?

2) More importantly, does anyone know how to pull the plug on the dynamic seats? Simply turn the dynamic portion off (but keep the ability to move the position of the seats on)?

Really don't mind not having the dynamic seats work, don't want to dump more money into this endless repair money pit. Really wish there was a way to just get rid of the noise.

Old threads:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-clicking.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-feedback.html