Full acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Full acceleration

i think i found this in the CL forum. some guy posted that when you puch the gas pedal to the floor, then push it a little bit more, it gives you more power. then people said there was a little button. i guess it is on all MB vehciles, i thought it was kind of cool, like turbo boost or something i have a couple of pics

the first pic shows the little button
Attached Thumbnails Full acceleration-p7270006.jpg  
Old 07-28-2003, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
this pic just shows the pedal all the way down, without pressing on the button....

its actually kind of easy to feel it when the car is not started of course
Attached Thumbnails Full acceleration-p7270007.jpg  
Old 07-28-2003, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
the third pic has the button down with the pedal. im sure when you guys do floor it with a lot of force, the buttonwill go down, but it does take quite some force
Attached Thumbnails Full acceleration-p7270008.jpg  
Old 07-28-2003, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
I believe it's referred to as the "kickdown" button. It's more of a "tranny" button than a throttle button. The throttle will open based on how much and how quickly you press the pedal. BUT when you click the KICKDOWN button.. the tranny will drop to the LOWEST possible gear it can.. and basically engage a "sport mode" shift pattern (i.e. red line every gear till you let it go).

If you go to pass someone and just "floor it" without pressing the button.. your RPM's will generally jump to 3-4k with a 1 gear drop usually.. with KICKDOWN.. you can drop 2 (sometimes 3?) gears.. and usually the RPM's are over 4.... I've gotten kickdowns where the tranny changed.. and the RPM's went to over 4500rpm .. and then when it upshifts to the next gear hold on...

Peter
Old 07-28-2003, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by NitroShredder
I believe it's referred to as the "kickdown" button. It's more of a "tranny" button than a throttle button. The throttle will open based on how much and how quickly you press the pedal. BUT when you click the KICKDOWN button.. the tranny will drop to the LOWEST possible gear it can.. and basically engage a "sport mode" shift pattern (i.e. red line every gear till you let it go).

If you go to pass someone and just "floor it" without pressing the button.. your RPM's will generally jump to 3-4k with a 1 gear drop usually.. with KICKDOWN.. you can drop 2 (sometimes 3?) gears.. and usually the RPM's are over 4.... I've gotten kickdowns where the tranny changed.. and the RPM's went to over 4500rpm .. and then when it upshifts to the next gear hold on...

Peter
ahh, thanks for the clearup, i think its a good idea to have
Old 07-29-2003, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be the kickdown switch to tell the car you want to shift into a lower gear... such switches have been de rigeur on automatic transmission vehicles since the 60's.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 560SL (Sold)
Originally posted by kaneman
That would be the kickdown switch to tell the car you want to shift into a lower gear... such switches have been de rigeur on automatic transmission vehicles since the 60's.
That's a neat little trick you got in your sig! I'm a network admin for my school and I am impressed.