E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Looking To Add Bluetooth to 2003 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 AMG Sport
Looking To Add Bluetooth to 2003 E500

I need some assistance... looked everywhere online. I want to be able to connect my iPhone 4s to my car. i looked underneath the center console and found where I can connect the "tail" part. As I understand I need a bluetooth puck with tail... where the hell can I find one. And is there a better alternative?

Please and thank you
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 PM

2004 E500 (W211)
I did this earlier this year in my 04 E500. You'll need the Bluetooth Cradle Replacer #B67875855 if your vehicle is already equipped with the CP211 TeleAid module. You'll more than likely need version coding from the dealer using STAR Diagnostic (SDS). There is a STAR Bulletin #P-1-82.70/290 for Voice Activated Cellular Telephone Installation that notes version coding instructions: "Version Coding/Optional Equipment" Set cellular phone to "PRESENT" and "Portable Cellular Phone" to "FITTED".

My local MB of Tacoma performed this as a courtesy since I already had the cradle replacer installed and brought the STAR bulletin with me.

Once you've installed the cradle replace and had the vehicle version coded (if it's never had cell phone activated before), then you'll have full hands-free capability on the steering wheel, COMAND screen and a downloadable iPhone contacts list.

Works like a charm with my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5.

The optional voice-activated module + stalk can be purchased and installed on the right side of the steering column opposite the cruise control stalk.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM

E500 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by NBDT
I did this earlier this year in my 04 E500. You'll need the Bluetooth Cradle Replacer #B67875855 if your vehicle is already equipped with the CP211 TeleAid module. You'll more than likely need version coding from the dealer using STAR Diagnostic (SDS). There is a STAR Bulletin #P-1-82.70/290 for Voice Activated Cellular Telephone Installation that notes version coding instructions: "Version Coding/Optional Equipment" Set cellular phone to "PRESENT" and "Portable Cellular Phone" to "FITTED".

My local MB of Tacoma performed this as a courtesy since I already had the cradle replacer installed and brought the STAR bulletin with me.

Once you've installed the cradle replace and had the vehicle version coded (if it's never had cell phone activated before), then you'll have full hands-free capability on the steering wheel, COMAND screen and a downloadable iPhone contacts list.

Works like a charm with my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5.

The optional voice-activated module + stalk can be purchased and installed on the right side of the steering column opposite the cruise control stalk.

Thank you.. but where do I purchase such a puck with tail?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM

2004 E500 (W211)
I ordered mine here, you can also check eBay and from time to time, you might find a used one.