E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dear Lord! fix glycol contam, but now its horrible!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e500
Unhappy Dear Lord! fix glycol contam, but now its horrible!

as soon as i felt a small vibration in my shifter, i immediately took it to be tested for glycol. of course, twas positive. car sat in garage for a month while i got the money to replace the radiator and service the tranny. after that and $1800 later, car was fine-no vibes, shakes, sounds, nada-IT WAS FIXED. this was a couple of weeks ago. last night after pulling into the garage i noticed the distinct smell of coolant. i thought maybe cuz the rad was new-like a new shower curtain (they have a smell when new). today, as i was pulling out of my court, it felt like the torque converter was out. i ran my short errand and BARELY made it home, there was no torque. when i looked in my garage there was a Huge puddle of red trans fluid and some other kind of fluid to the right of it. Then when i looked back at the car in the drive, i could see all the trans fluid dripping out from under the engine!!! moreover, i have left a TRAIL of trans fluid, which alone was "$600." i don't know what to do! i am affraid that the shop will find a way to say that it wasn't from the work they did so they don't have to honor my warranty. the said for me to tow it there monday, but i am sooo worried they will want more money.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,025 Likes on 953 Posts
1999 E300TD
Lets hope the shop owner has the same values as you. Good Luck
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
They should honor your warranty, it's obvious you did nothing to the car if you are giving the complete story. You obviously have some major issue with your transmission as that fluid should never leak, or rather spill, out of the car like that. Maybe it's as simple as something they forgot to secure but damage to your transmission is very possible so they should honor the warranty on the work if it is a reputable shop. If they don't, let's hope you're a civil lawyer.