E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Easy Key Fob Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2013 | 07:58 PM

'07 E350
Easy Key Fob Repair

Have been an owner of an '07 E350 Sport this past year, my fourth MB over the years, first non diesel. Love the car and with the expertise on this board have resolved the very few issues that I have encountered successfully. Love the car and how it drives - mid 50k on the mileage. As many have languished, the key fob becomes brittle over time and cracks along the lock/unlock buttons. After some digging, I intended to buy a fob off of Ebay and swap out the guts as others have done. However, after breaking it down, I noticed the Huf brand and after a search, Remotes Inc. in AZ three day shipped the factory new replacement for $35 bucks + S&H. Has a nice little instruction card that essentially tells you to remove key and batter tray, and then use a pair of needlenose pliers to slide out the electronics card, then slide it into the new shell. Took me maybe 2 minutes, works perfectly and is essentially brand new (new batteries were added on my dime...).

Next up will be tackling brake pad replacement front and rear. The rotors look in excellent shape, so I plan to replace the current pads with Akebonos...

Thanks to the old sage advice on the various parts of the board. Also did a complete oil/filter, air filter service and replaced seeping cam plugs...sure saves a lot of $$s.

Chris
Old 01-10-2013 | 02:06 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Perhaps you could post a link to your contact.There are lots of listings by this name on the net. Many with complaints against them.
Thanks

Last edited by doxland; 01-10-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 01-10-2013 | 02:21 PM

'07 E350
Key Fob Link

Dox - I ended up finding them through a Google search, then back through Ebay. Funny that they did not turn up on my Ebay search, or perhaps I just gave up after the 4th or 5th page. They have a solid rating on Ebay, and I can say with firsthand results that the key showed up in 2-3 days and is brand new if you disregard scuffs on the key insert. If my other key was not brand new I would have replaced it as well. (To be clear - no affiliation...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290708171628...S:3160&vxp=mtr
Attached Thumbnails Easy Key Fob Repair-fob.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013 | 12:33 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Thanks very much