E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sturdy Car + Airmatic Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013 | 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Sturdy Car + Airmatic Question

So after getting in that accident with a curb I am pleased to find that I had almost no suspension damage at all. Only the wheel, a camber bolt, and alignment needed to be replaced and completed. I was told the numbers are still a little off according to the factory alignment machine, but are still within acceptable tolerances - good to drive the car and not notice a difference for the life of the vehicle. Even uneven tire wear is unlikely at these levels.

Hitting a concrete curb very hard to almost explode a wheel and having only $127 in work needed to be done to get the car tracking almost perfectly is impressive. I also noticed that after an alignment I had less tire noise than before which is interesting. Overall, I'm impressed that the E-Class fared this well no doubt due to great engineering. It feels great to have the car fixed so I can continue with the modding and don't feel like I am back at square one.

I am looking to replace the rear Airmatic struts as one is slowly leaking as an unrelated issue. Anyone know where I can get the Arnott rear pair for a good price? It shows $715 on their site. Also, will I expect any difference in ride quality?

Thanks.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 01-13-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2013 | 11:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Save 10% on Arnott Air Suspension Products!

Originally Posted by AMGAffalterbach
I am looking to replace the rear Airmatic struts as one is slowly leaking as an unrelated issue. Anyone know where I can get the Arnott rear pair for a good price? It shows $715 on their site. Also, will I expect any difference in ride quality?

Thanks.
The Arnott New Rear Air Suspension Springs (sold in pairs) for the E-Class are a fairly new product for us but customers have been giving up a thumbs up for ride quality and are really pleased with a installation process.

If buying off the Arnott site - forum members can save 10% (up to $75) by using code MBSave12 (not valid on shipping). You can also get $50 cash back by returning your used shocks ($25 each) to Arnott using the pre-paid UPS shipping label.
Old 01-14-2013 | 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Thanks Doug, put the order in last night and was able to use the promotional code. Only $640 plus shipping for the rear springs is awesome. I can't wait to get the air springs. My tech over at StarTech told me he loves working with your product as they are much easier to install.

Cheers.