E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Having new tires mounted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550
Having new tires mounted

I had 4 new tires shipped to me for my 08 E550.

Is it safe to take it to somewhere like a tire kingdom or discount tire for mounting? Or is this something I want the dealer for?

Dealer wants a ton of money as usual, but im nervous about others handling of the tpms stem.

Thoughts?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350, sport & P1
tires

I used tire kingdom, told the mounter to use a torque wrench and I would take care of him.
No problems. Just don't use them for a wheel alignment. All they did was toe in, had to take it back to the dealer for a proper alignment. Seems MB uses special bolts to adjust camber. Alignment was $300.
Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
$300 for an alignment? That's incredibly high compared to what I paid. I have my wheel and tire work done at Big O Tire here in Colorado, I will never use Discount again due to them damaging a tire of mine, and they do mounting and balancing just fine.

For regular maintenance, I take my car to the Mercedes-Benz of Littleton dealership. But for repair work or unconventional work on things like the transmission, I take it to an independent shop called StarTech Mercedes that does an excellent job. Super clean shop, the owner is an amazingly knowledgeable guy and they have the factory alignment machine. They replaced a camber bolt and did an alignment all for $127. Versus over $350 quoted at the dealer.