E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

$3,250 Coupon - Mercedes says **** You!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:13 PM
fvv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
$3,250 Coupon - Mercedes says **** You!!

I purchased my E500 in December (2002) and had stated all along that the COMMAND Navigation System was a "must have" and that I was willing to wait unless they could guarantee me it could be installed later.

Verbal assurances from dealer PLUS a statement on the Due Bill when I was taking delivery that it would be installed for $2,125 and I thought Iwas all set.

Well, we all know that Mercedes can not provide the COMAND system as a retrofit. Mercedes says I need to take it up with the delaer, the dealer tells me its not their problem and all I get is the $3,250 voucher towards the purchase of a NEW care.

Calculate the trade-in price offered by the dealer ($46K) and having to pay the sales tax/luxury tax again less the voucher amd it would cost me $14K to get a 2003 E-500 with COMMAND as I originally ordered.

Now that's what I call get TOTALLY ****ED by a company that is supposed to set the standard for customer service. NOT!!

Has anyone been able to get MB to honor the exchange they have offered the people that leased their E500?

Anyone suing them? I'd like to compare notes as I am starting that process.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: $3,250 Coupon - Mercedes says **** You!!

Originally posted by fvv
I purchased my E500 in December (2002) and had stated all along that the COMMAND Navigation System was a "must have" and that I was willing to wait unless they could guarantee me it could be installed later.

Verbal assurances from dealer PLUS a statement on the Due Bill when I was taking delivery that it would be installed for $2,125 and I thought Iwas all set.

Well, we all know that Mercedes can not provide the COMAND system as a retrofit. Mercedes says I need to take it up with the delaer, the dealer tells me its not their problem and all I get is the $3,250 voucher towards the purchase of a NEW care.

Calculate the trade-in price offered by the dealer ($46K) and having to pay the sales tax/luxury tax again less the voucher amd it would cost me $14K to get a 2003 E-500 with COMMAND as I originally ordered.

Now that's what I call get TOTALLY ****ED by a company that is supposed to set the standard for customer service. NOT!!

Has anyone been able to get MB to honor the exchange they have offered the people that leased their E500?

Anyone suing them? I'd like to compare notes as I am starting that process.

im sorry to say, but didnt you kind of calculate this when you took this offer. the dealership will pay you what they think is a reasonable offer, i would have just gotten a new car. i dont think MB stole or wasnt loyal to you at all. but thats just my opinion
Old 08-09-2003, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Same Boat As You...

After having my E500 in the shop for over 6 weeks over the first 6 months, and having inquired as to the availability of the nav system during the purchase process (but not wanting to pre-pay for anything that I can't first assess), I too have been offered the $3250 discount on a new car.

I feel your pain - I purchased my car, as well as the the 7/100 warranty from M-B. So I wonder if that will be transferrable.

I haven't yet negotiated my trade-in or the new car purchase, so I can't respond as to how they'll treat me on those issues. But as for them having my car in service for all of that time, they did reimburse me for two-months' lease payments... so I really don't know what to expect.

But if I were in their shoes, to keep me as a customer I would hope they would at least sell me the new car ('04) at or below invoice.

But it bugs me as well that I would have to dole out the sales tax again (which just went up a percentage point here in Ohio).

I hope to get their offer within the next couple of weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes. But note that Ohio isn't like California in terms of supply and demand - I just visited San Diego and I couldn't believe the size (abnd car variety) of the S.D. Mercedes dealership - so I kind of expect a mediocre offer from them.

But fundamentally, I agree with you - I think M-B should just do a car swap with guys like us who didn't prepay for it, with maybe only depreciating the car at 50% of the normal lease rate (since we have gotten use of the car).