replacement car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
replacement car

we went to the dealer today, but we didnt get the car....they are dealing with our bank, so we just checked out the car, first, i noticed that the car had michilens, not sure what kind though, also, i thought the NAV was the best thing ever, the color is real crisp, and it was pretty accurate. i just had a couple pf questions for the people who have gotten thier cars..
the voice says in meters, is there a way to change that?

we had to take a left turn. it was a red light, and i was the first

car at the light, and the bar showed 100 feet away, is that right?

i saw that there was an option for GPS on and off, should i turn it on?

we looked up airports just to see what was there, and we have to select a city, there is no way its set on san diego? maybe i didnt have enough time with the system , but it was confusing to get san diego.

for some reason, the voice isnt very clear, i dont know how to explain it, but it has a little slurr i guess, is that normal?

thanks a lot for your time.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550
You can navigate to a System softkey and set the measurement standard, IIRC. You need to set Home and then it kinda knows the default area you'll be wanting to view.

With GPS on, you will lose part of the bottom of the screen for the readout. By default, when using the Map function, you see the scale in the bottom left corner. That will extend across the screen when viewing the GPS. Personally, knowing the longitude and latitude and elevation is just not that important to me so I leave it off. The few times I've actually used the navigation for a route, it seems pretty good with the distances (unless I'm going pretty fast). The exception is that it's about 100' or so off telling me I'm at a particular destination. Actually, that happened once when I navigated to the Opera house in Galveston. So now I typically cancel the navigation when I have the destination in sight.

As far as the slur...well, I've lived in the South all my life and I spend a lot of time in bars. Can't say she sounds any different than anything I'm used to...
Old 08-12-2003, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by ctouhey
You can navigate to a System softkey and set the measurement standard, IIRC. You need to set Home and then it kinda knows the default area you'll be wanting to view.

With GPS on, you will lose part of the bottom of the screen for the readout. By default, when using the Map function, you see the scale in the bottom left corner. That will extend across the screen when viewing the GPS. Personally, knowing the longitude and latitude and elevation is just not that important to me so I leave it off. The few times I've actually used the navigation for a route, it seems pretty good with the distances (unless I'm going pretty fast). The exception is that it's about 100' or so off telling me I'm at a particular destination. Actually, that happened once when I navigated to the Opera house in Galveston. So now I typically cancel the navigation when I have the destination in sight.

As far as the slur...well, I've lived in the South all my life and I spend a lot of time in bars. Can't say she sounds any different than anything I'm used to...
thanks for your help ct. has it said that your 100 feet away when your at the turn before? i wouldnt really call it a slurr i guess, but it isnt real real clear, like as if its someone on the radio with a little static at the end, but ill look into it more, once again, thanks for your help.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Chris is right on. But bmm, check your "audio settings" for the NAV. When she speaks you can just the volume control (on dash or steering wheel) to adjust HER volume independent of the stereo setting. You can also eq it, and adjust the balance and fade paremeters as well.

I usually leave GPS off.. (or do I??). Actually I haven't had my car since Friday.. so I kinda forgot. I've been a ML350 since (beat the **** out of this thing.. it's GREAT!!! Took it off road this weekend =)

Program home.. and it will default to your "home town" for most things, yeah.. the system is a bit tricky the first few days to enter stuff... then it's a piece of cake and a very good NAV system IMHO.

Peter
Old 08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by NitroShredder
Chris is right on. But bmm, check your "audio settings" for the NAV. When she speaks you can just the volume control (on dash or steering wheel) to adjust HER volume independent of the stereo setting. You can also eq it, and adjust the balance and fade paremeters as well.

I usually leave GPS off.. (or do I??). Actually I haven't had my car since Friday.. so I kinda forgot. I've been a ML350 since (beat the **** out of this thing.. it's GREAT!!! Took it off road this weekend =)

Program home.. and it will default to your "home town" for most things, yeah.. the system is a bit tricky the first few days to enter stuff... then it's a piece of cake and a very good NAV system IMHO.

Peter
cool, thanks a lot for the tip on the home thing.