nav car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
nav car

we got the new car, and we like it a lot. the NAV is perfect, even through townhouses, i just had one question though, i cant find how to change the meters, and kilometers voice....i want it in miles, and feet, i searched through the manual, does anyone know? thanks a lot!
Old 08-14-2003, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of seven
Thumbs up

bmms8 - no answer for you, just wanted to say 'congrats' on the new ride. mb
Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
haha, no problem, just got back from somewhere, im going to try to find a fix, thanks man
Old 08-14-2003, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Mine was already on miles so I did not have to make a change.

I believe that you go to the steering wheel menus and one of the choices under settings is miles/km's
Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by etenn
Mine was already on miles so I did not have to make a change.

I believe that you go to the steering wheel menus and one of the choices under settings is miles/km's

o, i see, i already tried that, i still cant figure it out...now im trying to figure out the garage opener, seems a lot difficult compared to the other car, it says to press the training button, then press the homelink buttom 3 times, i tried this, and it doesnt work, anyone know how to fix these 2 problems? thanks a lot
Old 08-15-2003, 12:19 AM

2013 S550
Hey man, did you try pressing the SERV button and checking to see that it is set to jive with your instrument panel settings?
Old 08-15-2003, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by ctouhey
Hey man, did you try pressing the SERV button and checking to see that it is set to jive with your instrument panel settings?
yea i did that, the odometer reads miles, but the voice of the girl says kilometers, and meters, thats the problem, but ill make sure everything is ok with the cluster, thanks
Old 08-15-2003, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
hmm, well i tried everything, and nothing worked

we will give homelink another shot tomarrow, also, ct, i read your post in my other thread, about the system soft key, i cant find it anywhere, can you tell how to get there, thanks, i still need to change the meters voice, thanks once again
Old 08-15-2003, 01:40 AM
Almost a Member!

E320
I had this problem when I first got my car. I happened upon a solution for this, but I don't know if this will work for you. It's probably worth a try. I went into the system menu while the Navigation system was running and changed the language from bottom of the list (I think Spanish) to English, one by one. By the time I got to French, I noticed that it was giving directions in "miles" and "feet". When I then selected English, voila! I hope this works for you too. It must be a software bug.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
yea man congrats on your nav car....
Old 08-15-2003, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by bmms8
hmm, well i tried everything, and nothing worked

we will give homelink another shot tomarrow, also, ct, i read your post in my other thread, about the system soft key, i cant find it anywhere, can you tell how to get there, thanks, i still need to change the meters voice, thanks once again
See thread "Homelink Revisited" form yesterday for the garage door opener problem. I was having trouble and got help. It worked easily after I followed "all" the steps.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
cool, thank you all for your help and support, i have summer school soon but ill play around with it a couple of hours.

etenn, you said you had a genie, and so do i. did you mess around with any of the "open" or "close" button of the top right of the motor unit? i read the directions over and over last night, but still couldnt get it...

i first cleared the memory, after that i saw that the first button was blinking slow when i pressed it, so i thought, its cleared.

then my dad pressed the training button, and the light blinked, so i pressed the # 1 button in the car twice...and after the training light stopped, i tried opening the garage. then i did the same thing over and over, sometimes, we would mess around with the open and close knobs, but no luck what am i doing wrong here
Old 08-15-2003, 10:28 AM

2013 S550
what am i doing wrong here
1. Press buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously and hold to clear
2. Place remote close to rear-view mirror; press and hold remote and hold in desired button until it blinks rapidly.
3. Press learn button on garage door opener OR if no learn button, turn system off then on.
4. Hold selected button on rear-view mirror until it flashes rapidly. Repeat this step (#4) two or three times, depending on manufacturer.

This should work.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Bmms...you are (not) doing the same thing I did not do.

1. First, turn the key on.
2. Put the remote control unit up next to the mirror and hold both the button on the remote and the button on the homelink down at the same time...takes a little time but wait until the light on the mirror starts to blink rapidly.
3. Push the learn button (don't fool with the open/close buttons)
4. (within 30 seconds) push the homelink button on the mirror firmly and release. Push it a second time and release.

You can check to see if it is taking the program by looking at the light on the Genie opener. If it still blinks rapidly after you have done the programming...it did not take and you have to do it over.

This will work on the Genie....I just did it easily after forgetting to do item 2 above.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i see, thank you both, i will try it when my parents come home, i guess it wont work as a one man operation
Old 08-15-2003, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
yup! I had that problem on my C320. Owners manual instructions didn't work. So I came up with the idea of doing what ctouhey said and it worked! MB should change their instructions.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:16 PM

'03 Mercedes E320
It may help some in thinking through the logic of these openers to remember that the opener needs a rolling code, with the next code being a function of the prior code.

Thus, you need to use the Genie (or other opener brand) remote first, to "teach" the code to the HomeLink in the car by pressing them simultaneously; then you need to get the opener to "learn" the HomeLink code via the overhead motor's learn switch and pressing your HomeLink button; and then on the next press of the HomeLink, you should be on a rolling code for that particular HomeLink opener without affecting your other remotes.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
bmms, I had the same problem with meters vs. feet when I got my replacement. You've already made sure the steering wheel controls are in feet. with mine, it fixed itself. It might need some time to reset itself. Is your screen showing feet or meters? Mine showed feet, but she spoke in meters. someone else here also had the same thing, and it also corrected itself. Mine went a couple days and then it was ok.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by cte430
bmms, I had the same problem with meters vs. feet when I got my replacement. You've already made sure the steering wheel controls are in feet. with mine, it fixed itself. It might need some time to reset itself. Is your screen showing feet or meters? Mine showed feet, but she spoke in meters. someone else here also had the same thing, and it also corrected itself. Mine went a couple days and then it was ok.
hey, yea, i checked it out, i remember someone saying in another thread to just change the language to spanish, then back to english, and it did the trick

thanks everyone, ill try homelink in a couple of hours
Old 08-15-2003, 04:45 PM

2003 MB E500
Congrats Bmms8 on the new car.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
thanks rays

i like this car more than the other, now theat ive driven it for a few miles, it is definately quieter(tire wise) and the ride is much better, with way less float. does anyone know how to store a phone # for someone saved in the memory bank, i couldnt find it if its in there...i also thought that the ducts on the front door are viewable on the new car, and not on the old one...maybe its just me though
Old 08-15-2003, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
after trying for over 2.5 hours to get the homelink to work, i decided to call my service advisor, he gave me the homelink 1800 number, they have excellent service btw. i talked to a guy and after 20 minutes we had no luck then he asked me what vehicle i had, i said MB e-class, then he said...."oooo, for MB its more tricky" then he just told me to press the remote garage openor button and the integrated button at the same time, but aim the garage openor BEHIND the rear view mirror, so in between the winshield, and the rear view mirror, it worked within 3 seconds, the rapid light came on then i pressed the train button, and pressed the same button on the rear view 3 times, till it went from blinking to a solid light. if anyone else has problems with the homelink system, this should work.

for some reason, i dont know why it didnt work while holding it toward the buttons, it did for everyone else
Old 08-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Just wanted to say congrats bmms8. My nav was already set on miles and feet. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the manual either. BTW, did you end up paying for registration? Oh, and does your car drift at all?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by Zandorf
Just wanted to say congrats bmms8. My nav was already set on miles and feet. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the manual either. BTW, did you end up paying for registration? Oh, and does your car drift at all?
thanks zan actually all we had to pay was for the DMV fee, because we have personalized plates, and since its so close to a year(5 weeks left) the DMV said they had to charge us. i love the new tires now, i set the pressure right, and there is no drift at all, but there was a slight drift with my pre-nav.

does anyone get the tele-aid message when they start thier car? i get it for 3 or 4 seconds, then it goes away.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
thanks zan actually all we had to pay was for the DMV fee, because we have personalized plates, and since its so close to a year(5 weeks left) the DMV said they had to charge us. i love the new tires now, i set the pressure right, and there is no drift at all, but there was a slight drift with my pre-nav.

does anyone get the tele-aid message when they start thier car? i get it for 3 or 4 seconds, then it goes away.
I am sure you posted it...but what tires did you get? I got the Conti's again and could not swap them out as they didn't have a car without conti's on it.

These are worse than my pre-nav for noise and ride.

I will have to drive a little more but the suspension does not feel "right". Seems to be rougher in "confort" than before .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: nav car