Eratic Memory Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 SPORT
Question Eratic Memory Settings

The new replacement car seems to have the same Psychotic
Memory Episodes of Amenesia. We can set the seat positions for 2 weeks with no problem and then today I go to jump in the car after my wife had used it and hit my position and the seat moved almost into the sterring wheel............

Has anyone found a remedy or is this an isolated instance of the first and replacement NAV cars having the same ghosts?

Derek.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Eratic Memory Settings

Originally posted by ATLANTA E500
The new replacement car seems to have the same Psychotic
Memory Episodes of Amenesia. We can set the seat positions for 2 weeks with no problem and then today I go to jump in the car after my wife had used it and hit my position and the seat moved almost into the sterring wheel............

Has anyone found a remedy or is this an isolated instance of the first and replacement NAV cars having the same ghosts?

Derek.
i had problems with the pre-nav car. some motors wouldnt even work

with the new car, i have had no problems, im sure the dealer can fix the problem though, but it is a pain, we basically had to adjust it everyday
Old 08-18-2003, 03:32 AM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Today I experienced this problem for the first time. After I hit "1" I couldn't reach the @##$ pedals! :p

I have to admit it was kind of funny...
Old 08-18-2003, 12:23 PM

W211 & Q7
trun off "easy access" feature should fix lig's problem (easy access always let your seat go to the max position before it figures out the correct position)

and

turn off "key dependence" feature should fix ATLANTA E500's problem. (one of your keys is not synced with your seat memory which screws up your memory settings.)

mb provides some "useless" feautures and misses the important one -- one touch memory seat button.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:54 PM

2003 E500 SPORT
Thumbs up

Thanks Otto for the tip............I am outbound with both keys to do the un synching...............derek.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:12 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Thanks, Otto.

For "easy access" I currently have the tilt wheel only programmed... The seat function was too slow IMO
Old 08-19-2003, 09:42 AM

W211 & Q7
The seat function was too slow IMO
yes, it is tooooooo sloooooow, without one-touch button, you have to hold the button very looooooong time while your friends' cars have driven miles away. (who cares that your car can reach 60 mph within 6 seconds? you have to spend 10 seconds to adjust seat always -- I suggust mb "key dependence" feature includes "memory seat" as well -- while you disarm your car remotely, the seat should be set it up right away becuase your car DOES know who (which key) is going to drive her.

as usual, mb cannot provide this useful feature.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500
Originally posted by Otto
I suggust mb "key dependence" feature includes "memory seat" as well -- while you disarm your car remotely, the seat should be set it up right away becuase your car DOES know who (which key) is going to drive her.

as usual, mb cannot provide this useful feature.
I agree. When I remotely unlock the doors on my '98 Audi A6, the seats and mirrors will return to the setting associated with the key used. I was very surprised that MB doesn't offer the same feature.