Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Originally posted by mbprince
Kain - do buy - the car you desire!!
Don't worry, I will. :p
Old 08-20-2003, 11:52 AM

Not to mention...

That he will always be looking at the quad exhausts in the back of the E55 since he will never be able to overtake to get a good look at the front

Hey Kain--I know the future? No one has given any reasonable expectation as to what the next M5 will have. Do you know something I don't? I passed on the current M5 because of rumors of a V10 in the next one. Yeah you are right. Give credit where it is due. The AMGs may not handle as WELL as the M5s--but they sure can outrun them. It depends on what's important to you. Speed is important to me on US roads.

The fact that the E55 is the fastest production sedan in the U.S. with an AUTOMATIC is saying something.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:56 AM

N/A
Re: Not to mention...

Originally posted by monakh
That he will always be looking at the quad exhausts in the back of the E55 since he will never be able to overtake to get a good look at the front

Hey Kain--I know the future? No one has given any reasonable expectation as to what the next M5 will have. Do you know something I don't? I passed on the current M5 because of rumors of a V10 in the next one. Yeah you are right. Give credit where it is due. The AMGs may not handle as WELL as the M5s--but they sure can outrun them. It depends on what's important to you. Speed is important to me on US roads.

The fact that the E55 is the fastest production sedan in the U.S. with an AUTOMATIC is saying something.
Sports and automatic don't go together.

Rumors have that the new BMW M5 will go from 0-60 in 3.9-4.2 seconds. That is QUICK.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:15 PM

Rumors are rumors. Until you have hard facts, try not to mess with our precious automatic E55 that is on the ground today doing 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. And that's on a Car and Driver test. It is no secret that the Bavarians will try to one-up the E55 in the 0-60. And I am certain they will succeed.

However, I think finally AMG has woken up and has the corporate support behind it to take the Motorsport division head on and not lose out on either the HP or any other numbers game (including 0-60 times). Let the M5 come. AMG will have an answer for it in the next iteration.

And yes, I know all about true sport enthusiasts preferring manuals. I am originally from Pakistan and we ain't got nothin' but manual transmissions in that land.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:29 PM

W211 & Q7
when the new BMW M5 comes out, all you'll see is a quick flash/blink as it explodes by you. Thus, you won't have to complain about its looks.
the problem is I cannot always have a garage to hide the camel lump -- waiting for bimmer rear end bras.

quote from the current 7 series owner
who cares the guy behind my car as long as I sit inside and enjoy it.
I love bimmer but I am not "Shallow Hal".
Old 08-20-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i heard mercedes will be releasing the new e class amg soon after the release of the new M5.....the new amg will be the E60 AMG.....lolzzzzzzzzzz.......thats gonna p**s kain of for sure......hahahaha i think thats quite funny n cleva by mercedes :p
Old 08-20-2003, 05:58 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
monakh: When the navigation was installed the issues on the voice activation were apparently cleared up and I now have both in the new car. I assume you can't have the voice activation if you have no navigation replacement car.

As for Kain, everyone is entitled to individual opinion. Fortunately, we don't all share the same taste, opinions, etc. etc. This world would be boring with only E class cars or only 5 series cars, or say, only blonds or only brunettes, or etc. etc. etc. I think we should respect each other's opinions and tastes.

Now, if you really want to test your opinion, the questions might be something like the following:

Kain: there are only two cars available in the world, the E class and the Toyota Prius. Which do you choose?

Us: there are only two cars available in the world, the new 5 series and the Toyota Prius. Which would we choose?

I think it is all pretty much relative, don't you?

Jeff
Old 08-20-2003, 06:19 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I really don't understand what Kain is up to. As a high school student without a car, he seems to me trying to promote the 5 Series on the MB discussion board. We certainly should recognize all opinions, but his seem to me to be of questionable motivation. I feel his comments might be better suited to the
5 Series board. Please forgive me if I seem overly critical.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:32 PM

W211, landcruiser
5 vs E

if it really came down to it, it wont be about the car. it will be about the abilities of the "driver"
Old 08-20-2003, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by MB-JIM
I really don't understand what Kain is up to. As a high school student without a car, he seems to me trying to promote the 5 Series on the MB discussion board. We certainly should recognize all opinions, but his seem to me to be of questionable motivation. I feel his comments might be better suited to the
5 Series board. Please forgive me if I seem overly critical.
I think that jhb may have missed the fact that Kain (an underage non driver) has been trolling on all the MB forums promoting the BMW this or that as superior in everyway to all MB products.

He has no car, no experience and the only purpose of his posts seem to be to troll the members.

We have suggested before that he get a life or go to a BMW forum and discuss his car of choice.

So far no luck, he is still here
Old 08-20-2003, 07:57 PM

E55
I think it is sort of fun to have Kain around.

I think others think so too. Otherwise you would not respond to his provocative statements.

I like the discussion Kain gets going.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by Pbglas
I think it is sort of fun to have Kain around.

I think others think so too. Otherwise you would not respond to his provocative statements.

I like the discussion Kain gets going.
i kind of agree, and disagree, its fun to see him embarras himself, but it gets boring after a while:p
Old 08-24-2003, 01:28 PM

02 996 C2 Cabrio
Re: Re: Not to mention...

Originally posted by Kain
Sports and automatic don't go together.
Now THAT'S funny! Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Sports and automatic don't go together...

Everyone's entitled to their own personal opinion, and that's just one of the many great things about living in the USA. That being said, here's my opinion of the pics of the black 5 series: Pontiac Grand Am. Heck, the rear looks like a Honda Civic.

Otto's comment about waiting for Bimmer rear-end bras... ROFLMAO!!!

Chris Bangle... that BUNGLE-head!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:17 AM

N/A
The new M5 doesn't have a camel hump.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:35 AM

N/A
Re: Re: Re: Not to mention...

Originally posted by NuBenz
Now THAT'S funny! Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Sports and automatic don't go together...

Everyone's entitled to their own personal opinion, and that's just one of the many great things about living in the USA. That being said, here's my opinion of the pics of the black 5 series: Pontiac Grand Am. Heck, the rear looks like a Honda Civic.

Otto's comment about waiting for Bimmer rear-end bras... ROFLMAO!!!

Chris Bangle... that BUNGLE-head!
Have you ever noticed that the rear-end of the E-Class looks like a Toyota Camry?
Old 08-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 E320, 2003 C230 Kompressor
Hell has a better chance of freezing over first before I buy a BMW.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not to mention...

Have you ever noticed that the rear-end of the E-Class looks like a Toyota Camry?

the front of the 5er looks like a pontiac......
the rear of the 5 series looks like an impreza.....
the side of the 5er looks like the new avensis.....
Old 08-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Almost a Member!

E500
I did not buy the new 5 series because it looked horible. Instead, I just purchased a E500. This is coming from a BMW owner and fan and a person who would get $1000 back from BMWNA for being a loyal BMW Car Club of America member. As discussed in various BMW forums, Chris Bangle has killed the company. Maybe he had some bad sourkraut when he was a kid. I don't know.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300

Kain wants a Camry now...?
Old 09-03-2003, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo

Have you ever noticed that noone cares about what you think of the new E or how great you think the new WR 5-AM actually is?

Oh, and FWIW, it is humanly impossible to shift as fast as even the current 5 spd autos in MB's, let alone the new blistering 7spd, so don't waste your breath bringing up that garbage about manual vs auto.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not to mention...

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Have you ever noticed that noone cares about what you think of the new E or how great you think the new WR 5-AM actually is?

Oh, and FWIW, it is humanly impossible to shift as fast as even the current 5 spd autos in MB's, let alone the new blistering 7spd, so don't waste your breath bringing up that garbage about manual vs auto.
agree with you about kain, but shifting isnt all about speed, its how the gears are setup, shorter gearing, etc, also, from 0-w/e a manual can dump itself which makes it much faster
Old 09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320
I think.... WAIT.. I KNOW that the BMW is a superior driving machine to any car, especially Mercedes. Just try hitting the gas pedal and you'll notice it right away.... 4-5 inches of play in the Mercedes pedal- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????

Also, steer the car/toss it around and the Mercedes is like the Cadillacs of yesterday. Just poor overall handling. Remeber, you never see a Dr. driving a BMW.... They are always in a Mercedes.... That's because their ****** behind the wheel!

By the way, I won the W211 E320- Beautiful car, but it's not a great "sports-driving car". And, I have all of the ammenities, minus the V8.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by Gregg2gs
I think.... WAIT.. I KNOW that the BMW is a superior driving machine to any car, especially Mercedes. Just try hitting the gas pedal and you'll notice it right away.... 4-5 inches of play in the Mercedes pedal- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????

Also, steer the car/toss it around and the Mercedes is like the Cadillacs of yesterday. Just poor overall handling. Remeber, you never see a Dr. driving a BMW.... They are always in a Mercedes.... That's because their ****** behind the wheel!

By the way, I won the W211 E320- Beautiful car, but it's not a great "sports-driving car". And, I have all of the ammenities, minus the V8.
uhhh, thanks for the comment man i dont know about you, but i hope you just realized that BMW is a sportier car. if you won your car, sell it, and buy a brand new 5.

but a damn sure great post buddy
Old 09-04-2003, 01:02 AM

Damn, Kain, you're right. The E and the Camry do look alike from the back. What was I thinking spending 80 large when I could have just gotten the Toyota? People come up to me all the time and say, "Man, that's a nice Camry you got there."

Attached Thumbnails For those who consider buying the W211-mix-copy.jpg  

Last edited by RedBaron; 09-04-2003 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i bet you hes gonna say the camry even has a sportier spoiler, which makes it a better handling car :p

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those who consider buying the W211