w211 03'
Try this !!

it fixed mine and many more
Old 10-24-2018, 11:12 AM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by JasonLowry
I have the same problem in my 2004 e320 wagon. We removed all the fuses from the seats and the problem continued. The dealer is stumped. I've taken it to two mechanics and it's always fine at the shop. There is no draw when they measure it overnight or for a week at a time, then I go home and it's dead the next day.

The problem *appears* to only happen in my garage so they are wondering if it could be a RF signal from my garage door opener or from my home that's causing the problem.

If it's a RF thing then would it be related to the Comand?
it cannot be an RF thing, you should buy a DVM than can measure 0-10amps DC current, and find the culprit yourself. Go to Lowes for a Greenlee or Southwire DMV. Or Fluke but they are more money. What ever you buy make sure it has a USER replaceable 10 AMP FUSE!!
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 AM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by ChubbyFlyers

This fuse does the amp and cd changer take this out to see if one of them drains the battery. (7.5) F028
I had to change the battery again. It died so many times it couldn’t fully charge anymore. I’m still having a drain issue. I finally got an amp/volt reader. When everything is off I’m still drawing 2.6 amps resting. I unplugged the amp directly and it dropped to 1.6 amps so I think I have to change the amp drawing 1amp. I then unplugged every fuse in the car to try to find the 1.6. I even unplugged the fuel pump directly and I unplugged the seats. Only thing I didn’t try was the alternator but it give about 13.9 V while running so I’m assuming it is still ok? Still have 1.6 sitting around draining from somewhere. Nothing is making it drop down to about 0.5. I don’t know what to do. If anyone ever had 1.6 amp drawing at resting and fixed the problem please let me know what it was. I wish there was a recall for drain issues on w211 Mercedes e320 03-06. I see so many of them in the classifieds with owners trying to get rid of them because of drain issues. This is a pain! And I’m losing gas because I have to start and drive the car everyday even when I don’t need to leave the house. As y’all all know gas is not cheap right now. Thanks Trump 😩
dont drag trump into this, i have gas receipts for when obama was pres and was at least $1 more per gal in my area.
Anyway get yourself a battery maintainer like Battery Minder and it will rejuvinate your battery, leave it on for several days minimum, then go back and troubleshoot.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
w211 03'
Main issue with batter drains in this cars is the module under the passenger seat.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes s500,e320
so what do you do when you put amp meter between neg cable and battery and have a amp draw of 0.23 and remove every fuse and still have the draw no change.96 e320 battery dies within a day
Old 07-09-2019, 06:53 AM

Mercedes w211 270 cdi from 2003 avantgarde
Originally Posted by BenzMUL
Hello,
I own a 2003 E320...
I have a draw on the main battery when the car is left off overnight (Car doors will not even open in morning). We got a replacement battery with no success. Alternator tested fine, Diagonostics were run by electrical shock and has 2.2 AMP draw. Car runs absolutely fine after recharged, the only thing i've noticed is that the window functions which allow the window to go up entirely with one click (rather than holding) is disabled.

No mechanics thus far can figure out what specifically is draining the battery.

If anyone has any idea or experience with these issues any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hy, pull out in front fuse box fuse #56 and look if it is still draining over night

Grts
Alain
Old 07-09-2019, 07:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
Originally Posted by Alitat
Hy, pull out in front fuse box fuse #56 and look if it is still draining over night

Grts
Alain
Is that the power seat module?

My drain, 2 separate times now, was the modules under the front seats
Old 11-16-2019, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes-Benz E320 4matic w211
Mine does the same thing while driving cuts off on comes back on. Battery is new Bosch both batteries are new and MB spec, but it still dies over night unless I remove the radio fuse 🤔
Old 07-20-2020, 04:00 PM

W211
Klaus - and everyone else. I am new to MB, but pretty decent mechanic. Found my first MB, 2003 E320 with 60K miles, one owner ( god rest her soul) last February. Love the vehicle so far, but I think I need to brush up on my electrical engineering skills...Geez! Started having battery drain issues in January, took about 24 hrs, bought both new batteries( they were at least 6 yrs old) problem degraded, but I tried the standard "Pulling fuses while watching current, which revealed nothing, started chasing the idea of Diode pack drain, then Audio Gateway....did not take the seat module thing seriously. Sure enough, this weekend isolated to the passenger seat module( by the way no one one sits there). Pulled the fuse, good to go for now. Will perform the fix to connect the power lead to the switch lead, when its not 100 degrees out. Thanks to everyone on this forum!
Old 07-20-2020, 08:29 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Schaft
Klaus - and everyone else. I am new to MB, but pretty decent mechanic. Found my first MB, 2003 E320 with 60K miles, one owner ( god rest her soul) last February. Love the vehicle so far, but I think I need to brush up on my electrical engineering skills...Geez! Started having battery drain issues in January, took about 24 hrs, bought both new batteries( they were at least 6 yrs old) problem degraded, but I tried the standard "Pulling fuses while watching current, which revealed nothing, started chasing the idea of Diode pack drain, then Audio Gateway....did not take the seat module thing seriously. Sure enough, this weekend isolated to the passenger seat module( by the way no one one sits there). Pulled the fuse, good to go for now. Will perform the fix to connect the power lead to the switch lead, when its not 100 degrees out. Thanks to everyone on this forum!
Can you post some pictures of the fix? It may be helpful to others.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2007 CLK550 Coupe, 2003 CL600, 2012
best tool for this job

I don't know if any of you have seen one of these meters, but I use one to set the gaps on proximity probes in machines. It's expensive, but worth it.
The remote display has a magnet on it for extra assistance
It's also great for checking lighting circuits like trailer wiring. You put the meter at the bulb end and carry the display wherever you want, sit in the car and watch the display when you apply the brakes or whatever you are testing

https://www.myflukestore.com/product/fluke-233-remote-display-multimeter

Last edited by Kelvin Bellrose; 07-25-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:06 PM

2003 e320
Originally Posted by Benzzin
Take keys out of ignition, then push the radio power button. If the radio comes on then I think it's your audio gateway module. take out fuse #6 in the trunk fusebox and see if your battery dies the next morning. That's what I had to do for awile. But this is just one of the many things that could cause battery drain.
Ok so did this fix your battery drain issue? I just replaced rear Sam and it's still draining battery
Old 07-17-2021, 03:14 PM

2005 E-320 CDI
Drainage

I had an issue with the battery. The radio system or header - was continuously looking to update the navigation system. It would not turn off and the battery drained. I got a new battery installed and took it to the dealer. They told me it was running great, after a major 300K tune-up. Then the sales rep went to get it out of the garage for me, and it wouldn't start. They wouldn't give me the car back, which I respect. No word yet. I'm afraid.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:59 PM

2005 E-320 CDI
Dealer pulled #6 and no more issues.
The following users liked this post:
Odd Piggy (07-30-2023)
Old 08-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was 89' 300E, Now 93' 500SEL
Originally Posted by bloomski
Dealer pulled #6 and no more issues.
Is that the passenger seat fuse that's located on the side of the driver dash?
Old 08-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Rear SAM (trunk).

Old 08-04-2021, 12:32 PM

2005 E-320 CDI
I was told the Audio Gateway was the problem for the drain. Though the last message I saw on the Command center was regarding navigation and 'load disc' or something. I am thinking of putting the fuses back, so I can have music, and then just yank them out when I am done driving. Any thoughts?
Old 08-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Rear SAM (trunk).

This is the one. Mine blew out. Once replaced, everything worked normally.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
They should have pulled fault codes using MB diagnostics to identify problem. No codes (hard to believe) if dealer diagnosed properly should have installed minimum MOST configuration (COMAND and AGW only) then loop in single modules until defective MOST device is located using MOST (fiber optic) bridge.

Old 12-04-2021, 04:11 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2007 e63 estate, 1998 ITB golf, ITE scirocco (sold to a collector in Japan)
this is all very interesting. i have had a 1.6A draw for a while. the dealer "fixed" it by replacing driver's side seat control module. that did not fix it. it's not audio gateway as i have replaced the audio system entirely. i have pulled all of the fuses in the driver's side and all in the back. it's time to pull the ones in the passenger footwell and in the engine compartment. i do not relish this. i'll let you know what i find. one question: are the seat control modules not fused? why pull the modules if there're fuses?
thanks!
Old 12-07-2021, 01:19 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2007 e63 estate, 1998 ITB golf, ITE scirocco (sold to a collector in Japan)
i put down the current draw to 18 mA. it turns out it was the pump that runs the tailgate. it was not getting the right signal from the closing device and continually was trying to close (i think.) the way i found this was not from pulling plugs but was looking for heat signatures from stuff. i found this. it's the relay below the pump for closing the tailgate. i adjusted the tailgate hook. it went away. draw after 8 minutes is less than 30mA. i think that this is a really good method. after i did it, i found that his guy scotty something has also done it.

Old 10-30-2022, 06:12 PM
B N

W 211, 2003, E-320
Battery Issues and Discussions w/o final resolution. E-320, W 211, 2003. 10/30/2022 by BN
1. Had same problems and continue to have it. However, current draw is gone but the battery sign and other malfunction r not available come on and car usually have low voltage to start drops to 10. I must have spent over 100 worthless hours but this is what I recommend.
2. Charge the battery. Remove the Both modules completely from under the driver and the passenger side over night or couple of days. Then see is the battery has drained? If not, watch the above video, it works. Make sure you have the seat adjusted prior to removing the Modules. If continue, then
3. Start pulling plugs and if it is recommended pull the cd and radio fuses out may be at the same time in above 2 or later.
4. BCM in Trunk, Battery Controlee Module cane be an issues and some people have disconnected, cleaned and put it back. The problem was gone. I can't confirm it. Sometime just the Harness cleaning will do. When placing harness back, make sure all pins are correctly placed. Please check all wires from harness etc., to make sure none are cracked.
5. Now there is a relay called K 57or something above Auxiliary battery you may want to check. I have not done it.
6. There are other relays like Blower motor and may be similar. I have not done it.
7. Let me admit, I don't have much know how on cars, I just like old cars and think that it will have them perfectly running. I had Mercedes in last 50 years. I ADMIT I NEVER HAD SUCH ISSUES WITH ANY MERCEDES. I enjoy when I drive it. But at the end of the day, I think it is worthless car if it has these issues which can be fixed and people like me are going one after the other on you tube video's and threads discussing these issues which may be partly fixed but you are never comfortable driving it because the car may not start after you have stopped somewhere. I pray and hope that I do not buy any other Mercedes as they make it very complicated to fix minor issues. For all others including Diesel Mercedes, if you get the Battery or similar sign and the car does not stop without the jump, there is a very simple fix as under the hood there is some ___ old forgot the name Circuit Board ___ where wires are connected. Clean it and sode (or similar word) it. You may find it on the web also. My son is not here he fixed it for under $10.00
8. Please date it and number your discussion, if possible, edit thread and give the solution if it worked for you. If anyone find the solution, please email me houstonbn12@gmail.com. Thank you for reading the Thread.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:23 PM

mercedes e320
All the saved functions will reset once battery is disconnected. All you have to do to your windows is hold the button for extra 5 seconds after it fully goes down or up. This will reset the automatic windows with one click. Try it a few times till it work. Same goes with the sunroof.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500
Couple of bits to add / my findings

Hey,

Just my thoughts and process here, as I have been having the same problem, and may just add info for anyone else.
E-500 w211 03

Found car dead after a couple of days doing nothing. Odd, as driven every other day,
Charged with trickle charger, but was dead again in 36hrs
Wasn't holding more than 12.2v
Assumed old battery so replaced with brand new.

Same thing happened again with new battery x2 after full charge, dead after 36hrs or so. (down to sub 10v or so each time)
Spent hours on here reading about parasitic drain (thank you everyone)

So... Set multimeter up in series to battery set to 10amp, slid boot catch over, locked car by fob and awaited 'sleep mode' (15mins)
Draw settled in sleep mode at 0.07a spiking to 0.011 every 20 seconds.
0.07 doesn't seem enough to be draining the battery in 36hrs!

Removed fuses 1-7 in boot to check regardless, to cover usual suspects.
Removed fuse 8 (alarm) and (of course) it fires the alarm and everything wakes up again.

Currently just have the car trickle charging back up again and then will work out what to do next.

It makes no sense that sitting at 0.07a would be enough to kill a new battery. It seems others are saying that .02- 0.03 is about right, and even the spec sheets for the car say resting amps to be 0.02 - 0.08, so the car is technically in range here.

Perhaps the issue is me, in that I left the car 'unlocked' each time overnight, which is when the amp draw drained battery. Seems odd this would happen though.

More tests imminent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E320 Battery Drain