E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 Pulling to the right.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Pewter Silver E500, 18" Style IV w/Pilot Sport
E500 Pulling to the right.....

My new E500 is pulling to the right much like others have documented on this board.

I took it to the dealer (Claridges in Fremont) on Friday and they did a wheel alignment. When I picked up the car (Friday night at closing time, 6pm) the car still pulled to the right.

So, no change at all even after a dealer front end alignment. The problem was not even helped by a wheel alignment.

I have Michelin Pilot Primacy tires which were on the car when I bought it. Since the alignment did nothing, I'm thinking it's the tires at this point.

I read that STKLAW ordered new front tires and solved the drifting problem temporarily with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport (non AV).

Has anyone else solved their drifting to the right problem by changing tires?

I saw that many solved the problem with an alignment, but for others the alignment did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of course the dealership knows nothing of this widespread problem.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
You might want to try switching the front tires and see if it changes anything. If not, it is probably not the tires.

The only Michelin problem I have seen seems to be the A/S.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Acura RL
Re: E500 Pulling to the right.....

Originally posted by silverEEE
My new E500 is pulling to the right much like others have documented on this board.

Of course the dealership knows nothing of this widespread problem.
A lot of us have had this problem. My E320 did. Somebody posted a MB work order on the forum about four months ago (about halfway down the page):

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...r&pagenumber=4

Take this work order with you to your dealership. Tell them another person you know had the SAME problem, and this is how the other dealership dealt with it.

I had to do this at my dealership. They were going to keep doing alignments until the cows came home. When I showed them this order, they agreed to replace the cambers as described in the work order and all was better.

The tire swaping and alignments might help a bit, but getting the cambers replaced is what really helps. Although new tires probably would hurt either.