E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Inside Sunroof Door Keeps Opening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E550
Inside Sunroof Door Keeps Opening

when I accelerate moderate to heavy, the inside sunroof door opens 1 to 3 inches.

My 2 previous Acura TL's interior sunroof door clicked into place to keep them shut. My 07 E550 just slides with no locking mechanism.

I did a search and all I could find was related to the E500's actual sunroof and not the interior door.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
I believe that the only way your problem will be solved is with factory diagnostic software or equal----you have an issue with one of the ten control modules that interact when you use or something in the circuit says to open your inside or outside roof.

Also spend some time learning the features of your car FYI there are electronic designs within the roof system that are seamless to make sure the outside roof is closed/locked
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I removed this panel once when I was trying to remove a water stain so this is from memory.

There is definitely a good deal of friction in mine that keeps it in place. The internal sliding panel slides on little "feet" in a rail. You can inspect these feet by removing the panel. Roll the glass sunroof back all the way, and unsnap and remove the interior leading edge plastic from it. This extra space is needed to lever the sliding cover part out. You should also unclip and remove the rubber bellows on the left and right side of the rail. The interior cover panel can then be slid forward and out the exterior part of the sunroof.

I do not believe this sliding panel is controlled directly by a control module, nor is it diagnosable using the diagnostic tool.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:40 AM

W211 E550
Thank you Plutoe, but what apl175 responded is more what I needed. It's not the actual glass sunroof. It is the interior panel.

Originally Posted by apl175
I removed this panel once when I was trying to remove a water stain so this is from memory.

There is definitely a good deal of friction in mine that keeps it in place. The internal sliding panel slides on little "feet" in a rail. You can inspect these feet by removing the panel. Roll the glass sunroof back all the way, and unsnap and remove the interior leading edge plastic from it. This extra space is needed to lever the sliding cover part out. You should also unclip and remove the rubber bellows on the left and right side of the rail. The interior cover panel can then be slid forward and out the exterior part of the sunroof.

I do not believe this sliding panel is controlled directly by a control module, nor is it diagnosable using the diagnostic tool.
Thank you apl175. I'll give this a shot.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:15 PM

2007 E350 > 2007 Honda Odyssey>2006 Porsche 911 S
OEM sunroof slider fabric inquiry

Thanks to this forum's vast amount of knowledge and know how, I was able to remove my sunroof slider safely. Lately, I have noticed that the fabric was beginning to peel off from sunroof slider. I have a beige/light tan colored headliner..I think..I'm slightly color blind. I'm looking into replacing the peeling fabric and I'm challenged on where to purchase/acquire the oem color and pattern. Anyone have any suggestion? I'm open to some fabric change, as long as it would match the rest of the interior. As always, thanks in advance