Front marker lights (2007)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 398 Likes on 334 Posts
2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
Front marker lights (2007)

Anyone have good instructions for changing either the bulbs or the whole lights for the front marker.
I have the left bulb replaced about a year ago, and now it is back out so I am thinking the socket may be bad.

I am also considering changing to clear lens LED lights to make it look a little better.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by N_Jay
Anyone have good instructions for changing either the bulbs or the whole lights for the front marker.
I have the left bulb replaced about a year ago, and now it is back out so I am thinking the socket may be bad.

I am also considering changing to clear lens LED lights to make it look a little better.
Do a search for "side marker lamp" and you'll find the instructions. Basically, if you remove one small plastic plug on the vertical surface of the fender liner and one underneath, you can pull the fender liner out. Before you do that, turn the wheel to the left for the right side and vice versa, so you have enough room. Then, with the fender liner pulled out, stick you hand in and grab the bulb housing and twist counter clockwise. Before you put the lamp housing back in, spray the O-ring with a little WD-40. It takes a lot of finger strength to lock it back in place.

The clear lens that I had was made in China and melted from the heat of the bulb, so I put the original amber one back. If you find a high quality clear lens, let us know.