E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so basically the keyless go is just to start and stop the engine with out the key?

half lolz
Old 08-28-2003, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by akmal31
so basically the keyless go is just to start and stop the engine with out the key?

half lolz
this is how KG works. you walk up to our car, and grab the handle, all four door will unlock, and your door will automatically open 2 inches. get in, press the start button with your foot to the brake, and the car will start. but you need the key with you....to stop press the same button, get out, press the lil black button on any handle, and the car will lock, it seems worthless, but i promise ou, you will never use the manual key again
Old 08-28-2003, 04:14 PM

OMG!!! lolz............I jus went outside and tried the summer feature thing......and you were right bmms8......it is standard on all mercs (our current car is a 2000 E280)

one more question........with keyless go (im beginning to think its not as useful....dont know why ) can you put windows up and down individually???

and finally to lock the car do u just have to press the black button on the door and tht locks all the doors?

so basically.....keyless go is mainly for the keyless start.....

im beginning to think its not worth 860 pounds
Old 08-28-2003, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
naw, you cant put them up or down one by one. yes to unlock or lock the car you pull on any handle, or press one button. it is mainly for the start, but its also a lot quicker, and pretty cool, KG also works with the trunk, just pull on the handle, and it will open, and colse it, and there is the same black button by the handle to lock the car, ill go get a couple of pics, brb
Old 08-28-2003, 04:20 PM

okay.....so you've already answered most of my questions...

1 left :p with keyless go can u open n close windows individually?

i thought u could only open and close the widnows thru keyless go.....(one of the reasons why we got keyless go )

but doesnt matter.....its still going to be wicked starting a car by pressing a button....and it will be much better walking into a car without having to take the key out of ur pocket!

it will also be a nice thing to show ur mates how ur car starts

thanks for all the anwsers.....

i think im gonna go back outside n play with the summer feature lolzzzzzzzzzz
Old 08-28-2003, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by akmal31
okay.....so you've already answered most of my questions...

1 left :p with keyless go can u open n close windows individually?

i thought u could only open and close the widnows thru keyless go.....(one of the reasons why we got keyless go )

but doesnt matter.....its still going to be wicked starting a car by pressing a button....and it will be much better walking into a car without having to take the key out of ur pocket!

it will also be a nice thing to show ur mates how ur car starts

thanks for all the anwsers.....

i think im gonna go back outside n play with the summer feature lolzzzzzzzzzz
no, there is no way to open a window individually, but just like the summer feature, you can close all the windows by holding the little black button, here are some pics. also, its impossible to lock your key in the car with KG, its also impossible to have a door open, and lock the car.

this pic shows the locking button(big button) and the sensor for the summer feature
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270001.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

this pic shows how the whole door pops out by just holding the handle, there is a button behind the handle, so when you press it, it opens the door.
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270002.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

this just shws the starter on the shifter
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270003.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

this is a very bad picture, sorry, if you can make it out, the big thing is the handle for the trunk, and off to the right side, the button is to lock all the doors
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270004.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

in this pic i basically put the key outside the car, opened the window, left the door open, and press the button through the window, it will not lock unless all doors are properly closed, and it also shows which door is open, w/o KG i believe it doesnt do this.
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270005.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

last pic, this just shows that if you leave your key in the car, and press the button, it wont lock.
Attached Thumbnails Roll windows d\and sunroof down or up with key? How?-p8270006.jpg  
Old 08-28-2003, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by bmms8

this pic shows how the whole door pops out by just holding the handle, there is a button behind the handle, so when you press it, it opens the door.
the way the door opens out 2 inches sounds cool

jus to knock a bit more keyless go sense into me lolz.......when u approach the car and u want to unlock the doors.....do u have to press the button on the door handle? coz u said "this pic shows how the whole door pops out by just holding the handle" and also u mention another button :p behind the handle.....and tht opens the door?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:37 PM

thanks for the pics bmms8......i hope i havent started to confuse u n others as well :p

i thin the keyless go thing is great......and wheneva i hear something new about it....i wanna know it properly

thanks a lot

AkMaL
Old 08-28-2003, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
the button on the handle you can see on pic #1 is strictly for locking the car. when you hold the handle, your fingers will automatically push the button behind the handle, which is strictly for opening the car.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:55 PM

orite....okay.....I finally get it.....i think.....lolz......
will just have to find out myself cometh the end of septmeber

cant wait....

thanks

AkMaL