W211 iPod connection disconnect to Aux input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 W211 08, C32 W203 02
W211 iPod connection disconnect to Aux input

Hi guys,

I just upgraded from a c32 to e63 yesterday.

I have done some research about the aux input being disable if I have the iPod connector. Is there a DIY or info on were I can re- enable the aux connection and just remove the iPod cable from the amp? When ever I select aux from audio menu, it says "aux no iPod"

Can you guys provide some kind of DIY info or where I should start?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
I wasn't planning on joining the forum but since you are having the same issue I just went though I will chime in.

Basically it's a fairly simple fix if you are comfortable removing part of the center console, ash tray, cd changer & radio.

There is a good video on youtube on how to remove the command unit.

You negelected to mention what year the car is. I have a 2008 so I hope this helps. When the radio is removed you will see there are only two plugs on the back of the unit, the smaller of the two is the ipod audio plug. You should be able to find the disconected plug for the AUX plug right behind the radio. disconnected the ipod plug & connected the afore mention AUX imput plug, put everything back together, connect your media device & enjoy.

Just so you know. Disconnecting that plug DOES not take away the intergrated ipod connectivity. All the plug does is control audio. You can still use & control ur Ipod from the steering wheel & see what songs are playing on the dash. If you want to fully use the ipod just plug the AUX wire into the ipod & it's back to normal.

If you do decide to pull the car apart there are 3 plugs under the CD changer that must be removed before the CD changer come out, it's seperate from the Command module. The plugs just pull out by squeezing & pulling. The center plug is the fiber optic cable be very carefull when pulling that out & handling it.

Hope this helps/