E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sprint Booster Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic AMG
Sprint Booster Question

Quick question concerning the Sprint Booster system (couldn't really find the answer to this in the forums or online, may have overlooked it)

Does it add to the c/s button or does it just delete it and operate on its own? I understand they basically do similar functions, but I guess my question is when in comfort mode, you turn on the sprint booster and you will obviously feel the difference, but in sport mode, will that feeling be increased? For example, if the Sprint booster is activated, then the sport button is pressed, will it then increase the effects of sport mode, or does it not matter between the two.

Sorry if this is a poor question or worded weridly, just trying to gather as much information on it as possible before deciding to buy it. If anyone needs me to try and clarify what I'm asking, I won't hesitate because I know its a little confusing . I also know there is a lot of controversy with the sprint booster, so please do not reply telling me my car is a luxury sedan and not meant to go faster - just want information solely on my question and would prefer to not read negative opinions .

Thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 c350 sport
In my opinion. .on my car. The sprint booster is added to the gas peddle.
Its pretty easy to do it yourself if you planning to do so.
things to know about the comfort and sport mode, is that sport start in first gear and comfort start in second. What the sprint booster does is trick the car into thinking you are pressing your foot all the way when its only half way down. Do I feel the difference? Yes, I do compared to not having the sprint booster on. And I love it
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
Originally Posted by steven1888
In my opinion. .on my car. The sprint booster is added to the gas peddle.
Its pretty easy to do it yourself if you planning to do so.
things to know about the comfort and sport mode, is that sport start in first gear and comfort start in second. What the sprint booster does is trick the car into thinking you are pressing your foot all the way when its only half way down. Do I feel the difference? Yes, I do compared to not having the sprint booster on. And I love it
This is correct. I have sprint boosters on all three of my w211s and wouldn't drive without them.

With no sprint booster, the gas pedal is sluggish to respond to your input. In stock form, the e55 is less sluggish than the non-AMG cars, but the sprint booster still makes the AMG better.

With the sprint booster, the throttle is way more responsive. The car feels lighter and acceleration is immediate. It does not make the car faster, but it does remove the delay in the first 25% of pedal travel.

The sprint booster has 3 settings: OFF, Level I, Level II and can be adjusted at any time - even while driving.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz E350 4Matic AMG
Originally Posted by BagMan
This is correct. I have sprint boosters on all three of my w211s and wouldn't drive without them.

With no sprint booster, the gas pedal is sluggish to respond to your input. In stock form, the e55 is less sluggish than the non-AMG cars, but the sprint booster still makes the AMG better.

With the sprint booster, the throttle is way more responsive. The car feels lighter and acceleration is immediate. It does not make the car faster, but it does remove the delay in the first 25% of pedal travel.

The sprint booster has 3 settings: OFF, Level I, Level II and can be adjusted at any time - even while driving.
Ok so for example, say you're in comfort mode and you put the sprint booster to Level I - there will definitely be a noticeable increase in response. Now say for example you're in sport mode and you put the sprint booster in level I - is the sprint booster going off the settings of sport mode (as in it is even more responsed) or does it not matter and cancel out c/s? like c/s no longer matters with the sprint booster. More generally is the sprint booster better in sport mode than it is in comfort mode? I am just wondering if it negates the c/s button all together or not, because I would assume it would just make sport better for example. Sorry for the confusion, just want to gather as much info on it. Thanks guys!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
Originally Posted by Joeydimes25
Ok so for example, say you're in comfort mode and you put the sprint booster to Level I - there will definitely be a noticeable increase in response. Now say for example you're in sport mode and you put the sprint booster in level I - is the sprint booster going off the settings of sport mode (as in it is even more responsed) or does it not matter and cancel out c/s? like c/s no longer matters with the sprint booster. More generally is the sprint booster better in sport mode than it is in comfort mode? I am just wondering if it negates the c/s button all together or not, because I would assume it would just make sport better for example. Sorry for the confusion, just want to gather as much info on it. Thanks guys!
The sprint booster and the c/s button are independent things.

-comfort mode starts the transmission in second gear for a more relaxed take off from a stop and shifts earlier in the rpm range for smoother shifts. It is more comfortable

-Sport mode starts the car in 1st gear and shifts at a higher rpm. It is more sporty and aggressive.

-The sprint booster only tricks the computer into thinking that the gas pedal is being pushed farther than it is. It only removes the delay from your right foot regardless of what mode the transmission is in.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
^+1 to me the SprintBooster is a bit of a gimicky performance modification, you may get a more responsive car but it (in no way) adds power to your existing setup. It's like when people tune their engines will all stock components, you'll see a little bit of a difference but I doubt you will notice a large gain as the drive train is still stock. I'd put your money into other things especially if you're just getting into modding. Just my $.02